Chapter 9

Daisy woke in her bed, moving her hair to the side. The red-haired Kirlia was ready to begin the day, when she felt it. A tingling, an odd numbness that started around her waist and began spreading down.

"Lance? Lance, are you awake," she asked her twin brother.

"I'm awake, Daisy. What's wrong?"

"Lance, I think something's happening. Can you get daddy?"

Lance nodded, the crimson-tressed Kirlia leaving the bedroom. A few minutes later, Gawain, their red Gallade father came in.

"Hi, sweetie. Lance said you weren't feeling very good?"

"Yeah, I can't feel my waist down. It feels all...tingly. I have a bit of a headache, too."

Gawain thought back, and remembered what her symptoms entailed. "Daisy...Daisy, it's happening! You're about to evolve!"

"What? Really? I'm gonna become a Gardevoir?"

"Yes you are," Gawain said, hugging Daisy.

Daisy hugged back. She remembered how beautiful her mother was, and couldn't wait to be like her.

"Daddy? Will I keep my color? I don't want to be green or blue."

"Of course not, Daisy. You'll still have your beautiful red hair."

"Will Lance evolve soon? What'll he become?"

"Yes, his time is coming soon. Heck, you two could evolve today if he wanted. But, I haven't asked him yet, if he wants to become a Gallade or a Gardevoir."

Daisy couldn't feel up to her chest anymore, and her headache got a bit worse. "Daddy...I'm so excited."

"I am too. Evolution is an important time in any Pokémon's life, but a child's evolution is incredibly special to a parent," Gawain said, kissing Daisy's forehead.

Daisy smiled, her eyes becoming droopy. "I feel tired."

"That's normal, sweetie. Get some rest, you'll need it."

"Okay...night, daddy," Daisy said, closing her eyes.

Gawain walked out of the room and to Lance.

"What's up with Daisy, dad?"

"You're sister is evolving, Lance."

"Daisy's evolving? That's awesome!"

"Yeah, it is. Hey, Lance, I forgot to ask, what do you wanna be? A Gallade, or Gardevoir?"

"Well, Daisy already has the special sort of attacks down, so I'd like to become a Gallade."

Gawain nodded, before taking something out of the pocket of his cloak. "Would you be okay sharing an evolving day with your sister," he asked, taking out a Dawn Stone.

"Dad...may I?"

"Yes, Lance. It's your time."

Lance took the Dawn Stone, holding it close to his body. The stone shattered, the chunks sinking into his being.

"What now? How long does it take?"

"I'm not sure, but you should get some rest," Gawain said, picking Lance up and carrying him to his room.

"Guess this is the last time you'll be able to carry me," Lance said, sounding a bit weak.

"Yeah, I guess so. But being carried shouldn't be a reason to stay a Kirlia. You deserve to evolve, like everyone else," Gawain said, setting Lance on his bed.