6- Paranoia Is In Bloom

I walk into the school the next day with my head down. I really don't like confrontation.

I hope that Brendon isn't here, but part of me wants him to be here.

I don't even know why I'd think that. He's so mean, but those texts had him on my mind all night. I know they were just from his friends, but what would prompt them to say that if it wasn't true?

I was at my locker gathering my books when I felt a gentle hand on my back. It was probably Pete. He can always tell when I'm upset.

I turn around expecting to see my best friend, but instead I see my worst enemy with a less than menacing smile.

I started to close my locker and back away again. "Ryan," I don't know if it was him saying Ryan rather than George or something else, but that's when I made a dead sprint towards the school doors and outside. I heard footsteps behind me, keeping up easily as I neared my vacant house. My parents work during the day so it's empty.

I stopped to unlock the door when he spoke.

"Didn't know you had it in you, Ross."

"Why did you follow me? Can't you just leave me alone?" I just wanted him to go back.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Let me in and I'll explain everything." He said.

"Explain what?! Why you've been giving me hell all this time? It better be a damn good explanation." I snapped back, not knowing where it came from.

"Trust me it will." He placed a hand by my head and leaned towards me. I stood in silence as he gently pressed his soft lips against mine. I was going to fight back, but I couldn't, it just felt so good. My religious morals are the only things that pushed me to run into my house when he let up. "I'll talk to you later, Ry." He said through the door.

I slid down into a sitting position, my head swirling with so many emotions. I liked it. I like him. But I can't, it's a sin.

Song: Uprising - Muse