Chapter 1

There are many islands that are homes to creatures known as Kaiju. From the famous Monster Island, to the twin Infant and Newborn Islands. But there exists another known as Skull Island. To most, it's nothing more than a legend. Or at least, that's what people thought. According to the legend, it was supposedly located off the coast of Africa, though it was not on any map. Whoever attempted to find it were usually swept away by storms or unforgiving waves and currents. The biggest legend about the island was the story of King Kong. According to the myth, Kong was an ancient demigod Kaiju who ruled over the tribe living on the island. To most, he was only a myth. But to others, he was all too real.

1995

The child was rushed through the village and thrown into the tent belonging to the king of his tribe. He was not allowed in the tent under any circumstances. No one was allowed, except for the kings chosen servants. The child stood up only to see the king himself. The usually imposing figure was now a decrepit old man, lying in bed with his servants tending to him. The king raised his head and saw the child staring at him.
"Come closer, boy." The king ordered. The child complied without question. He stood at the side of the bed, and bowed his head as a sign of respect.
"There is no need for that now." The king said. "Raise your head. There is no need to bow to a ghost."
"...W-why was I brought here?" The child asked.
"I am dying, boy." The king explained. "My time has come."
"What does that have to do with me?" The child asked. The king reached out a hand, and the child instinctively backed up. The king beckoned him to come closer.
"The island needs a king." He explained. He reached his hand to his neck, removing the necklace from around it. The child realized what was happening now. He watched in amazement as the king handed the necklace over to him and placed it around his neck.
"You have been chosen, my boy." The king explained. "You are an orphan, born to our tribes greatest warrior and my eldest daughter. The gods have chosen to reward your suffering. You are to become the new king."
The child was in a state of shock. At first, he was confused. How could he have been chosen? To his knowledge, he wasn't special. But after thinking about the king's explanation, he realized that he was more unique than he thought. He gripped the necklace and nodded at the king.
"If the gods have chosen me," he said, "then I will be the best king this island has ever seen."
"Good boy." The king said. "Now, child, tell me your name."
The child took a deep breath before he spoke his name to the king. "My name... is Kong."