BTS

Hana is the first original character in the Godzilla Warriors series. Most of the characters are are at least loosely based on Kaiju or other characters from Godzilla or other series, but Hana is nearly completely original. She was based on the fact that most King Kong movies involve Kong kidnapping some girl, but her name, personality, and her place in the story is from my own brain.

The story was originally going to be based on the original King Kong movies, but after watching the trailer to the upcoming film Kong: Skull Island, I decided to adapt the plot to fit the new movie. I haven't seen it yet, obviously since it hasn't come out at the time of me writing this story, but after seeing the Skull Crawlers, I knew I had to use them.

The story is partially set in 2005 because the Peter Jackson King Kong movie came out in 2005. Also, I mentioned Kong's age in 2005 was 20. For those wondering, his current age is 31. Godzilla's current age is 35. I don't really have established ages for most characters, but I do for a few of them.

This book has been a long time coming. King Kong was originally going to get an origin spinoff before everyone else, but I decided to write Mothra's first because I really liked writing her character in book 3. I planned on writing it a few other times, but I got other ideas that turned into the other origin spinoffs that I wrote.