Chapter 3

When Kong went back to his tribe, he was approached by a villager in hysterics. He grabbed his shoulder to stop him from panicking.
"What's wrong?" Kong asked.
"Your highness, the pit has opened again." The villager said. Kong's eyes widened. He let go of the villager and ran into the jungle. The pit was a dangerous part of the island. Years ago, a past king sealed away a group of dangerous creatures that were threatening the island in a massive pit in the ground. All kings had since forbidden villagers from going near the pit, but now that it had opened, many villagers had gathered around it. Kong continued to run, and it eventually came into view. He saw the villagers who had now turned their attentions to him.
"Everyone, go back to the village!" Kong commanded. "I will handle this." The villagers did as they were told, and made their way back into the jungle. Meanwhile, Kong looked into the dark pit. Yellow smoke billowed out slowly as a hissing noise emanated from inside. Kong gulped, swallowing his courage, and jumped into the pit. It was dark and dank, but Kong was able to make his way into a massive cave. He could hear the hissing getting closer and closer. The creatures were approaching. Kong grimaced and took out his knife, made from a sabre-tooth tiger's fang, and readied himself for battle. He continued to walk slowly into the cave, when the smoke became too thick and he started to cough. He began to see shapes appear through the smoke as the hissing grew louder. As the shapes got closer, Kong could make out what they were. They were pale grey skinned humanoids with long bone-white claws and long skinny limbs. The most terrifying thing about them was the fact that the top half of their skulls were nearly completely exposed through their skin. Kong could see their wide open mouths filled with rows of sharp teeth. He could have taken on one of them, but Kong could see there were five, maybe more behind them. He was beginning to doubt his chances. After taking a deep breath, he dropped his knife and ran. The creatures screeched and took off after him. He made it to the edge of the pit and tried to climb up, but he couldn't get a grip on the dirt around the entrance.
"Shit..." he thought. "Why didn't I bring a rope?"
Just as he said this to himself, a rope appeared. He shrugged and grabbed onto it. He managed to climb up just before the creatures reached him. He realized the person holding the rope was Gorosaurus. When Kong got to the top, Gorosaurus pulled him up the rest of the way.
"What the hell are those things?" He asked.
"Those are the creatures that have been sealed within the island for centuries." Kong explained. "Those are the Skull Crawlers."
"Looks like they're climbing up." Gorosaurus said. Kong could see he was right. The Skull Crawlers were slowly climbing up the sides of the entrance. By the end of the day, they would be out. They could now see there were many more than five. Kong counted nearly 20, but he guessed there were more.
"What now?" Gorosaurus asked.
"Assemble our tribes greatest warriors and station them around the pit." Kong said. "I'm going to look into the boat personally. I believe they're somehow connected."

Godzilla and Hana trudged through the jungle. There were multiple vines and plants hanging around them, so Godzilla had to use his katana to slice them. Hana was in amazement the whole time.
"This island is so amazing!" She said, using her digital camera to take pictures. "I'm gonna get a good grade on my assignment for sure, wether I meet Kong or not!"
"There's more to life than school, y'know." Godzilla said. Hana raised an eyebrow at this.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I never went to school, and I turned out just fine." Godzilla explained. Just as he said this, he swung his sword into what he thought was a tree trunk. It wasn't. As the sword connected with the object, they heard a loud screech from above them. The object moved up, and Godzilla realized it was definitely not a tree. It was alive. He looked up, only to see a massive body above them. The object he had hit was the leg of a 50 foot tall spider. He whistled in surprise.
"Mothra would hate this place." He muttered to himself. He chuckled, remembering his friend's arachnophobia. He noticed the spider's leg was about to step on Hana, but she didn't notice because she was too busy taking pictures.
"Kid, look out!" He yelled, pulling her out of the way by her collar. She ended up smacking into him, knocking him over, and making them roll down a nearby hill. Unfortunately, they were separated. Ana groaned and rubbed her head as she got up.
"Great. Where the heck am I?" She muttered. As she looked up, she saw that she was face to face with a human. She jumped back in surprise. To her knowledge, the island was uninhabited besides the legend of King Kong. Seeing another human, especially one dressed so strangely, was extremely jarring. She guessed he was a local, possibly from a nearby tribe.
"H-hello." Hana gulped. "Do you... speak english?"
The local stared and cocked his head to the side. Hana tried other languages, including French, Spanish, Japanese, even traditional Swahili, which she assumed they would speak. The local just continued to stare.
"Okay... I'm gonna go now." Hana said, slowly backing away. As she began to run away, the local grabbed her arm. She immediately screamed, but the local covered her mouth with a damp cloth. Just as she realized why the cloth was damp, everything went black.