Chapter 4

When Godzilla managed to get up, he began to take in his surroundings. The air smelled like methane, which explained the yellow gas all around him. He also noticed the massive pit in the ground. He heard a loud hissing from inside the pit, and knelt down to see inside.
"What the hell..." He said.
The smoke began to clear slightly, and the source of the hissing came into view. They were the creatures with exposed skulls the captain had described. The Skull Crawlers. And they were almost at the top.
"That's not good." Godzilla said, drawing his sword again. The first Crawler surfaced and looked up at him. The creature's beady black eyes focused, and Godzilla saw it was preparing to attack. He ran at it, and the Crawler lunged at him. With one swift swing, Godzilla carved his sword across the Crawler's chest. Another two Crawlers attacked him, but Godzilla stabbed both of them. More and more Crawlers appeared out of the pit until Godzilla was surrounded. There was no way he could fight them all. The only thing he could do is run. He could hear the trampling of the Crawler's feet and claws behind him. They weren't extremely fast, but there were a lot of them. Godzilla looked back only to see the horde had disappeared from sight. He smirked, until he smacked into something, making him fall over. Before he could get up, he was surrounded by spears. He heard a voice saying something, but he couldn't understand the language. Whatever was said, it made the spears draw back. He got up, and saw the person he had smacked into. He was about as tall as Godzilla, but he was covered head to toe in armour made from leather, fur, and bone. He also held a spear, along with the warriors around him who had their spears aimed at Godzilla a moment earlier.
"Are you alright?" The person said. Godzilla was surprised by the fact that he could understand him.
"...Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." He said. The person helped Godzilla up to his feet.
"I am Gorosaurus. You came on the boat I saw earlier, right?" He asked.
"I did, but I'll explain that later." Godzilla said. He remembered that there were an army of Skull Crawlers behind him. "Can you guys fight?"
"That's hardly even a question." Gorosaurus said. He noticed the Crawlers approaching and got into a battle stance. "You pissed off the Crawlers, didn't you?"
"Yeah, guess so." Godzilla said, facing the Crawlers and getting into his own battle stance. "Have you fought these things before?"
"Not really. Have you?" Gorosaurus asked.
"Not really." Godzilla repeated.

"So who are these people?" Kong asked, watching the passengers and crew of the boat unload and set up camp.
"We don't know, your highness." One of the villagers said. "They seem harmless, but we can't allow them to stay here."
"Exactly. And with the pit open again, they're in more danger than normal." Kong said. "We'll have to get them to leave eventually."
Just then, Kong was approached by another villager. "Your highness, I come bearing good news."
"What is it?" Kong asked.
"We have found you a queen." The villager explained.
Kong rolled his eyes. Everyone had been trying to set him up with women all over the island all month. He had been with more women the previous week than ever before, but it was getting boring now. He gave instructions to the other villagers to keep watch while he was gone before following the others to his tent. When he got inside, he was expecting to see yet another woman from the tribe, but he instead saw something different. She wasn't a woman, she was just a girl. And she was tied up, lying on his bed with her arms bound behind her back. Her mouth was also gagged. She looked terrified.
"We found her in the jungle." Another villager said. "We believe she is from the boat that appeared earlier."
"Well?" The villager asked. "Does she please you, your majesty?"
"Um... yes. You may leave us now." Kong said. The villagers complied and left the tent. As soon as he knew they were gone, he rushed over to the girl and untied her.
"I am so sorry." He said to the girl. "I assure you I did not order them to do this to you. Did they hurt you at all?"
The girl stared at him confused, as she couldn't understand his language. Kong guessed he spoke English, and repeated what he had said in her language. She gasped as she understood.
"You... speak English?" She asked.
"Yes, I speak a lot of languages." Kong said. "Now, are you hurt at all?"
He seemed to have genuine concern in his voice, so the girl answered by shaking her head.
"Good." Kong said. "Because if they did hurt you, I'd have severely them punished. I don't tolerate this sort of thing. Again, I'm very, very sorry."
"Who are you?" The girl asked, still in disbelief of her situation.
"I am the ruler of this island." Kong said, standing up in front of her. "You may call me King Kong."