Chapter 8

The next day, Kong escorted Hana and Godzilla back to their camp. He was about to leave, but Hana insisted that he stay with them for a little while. He stayed into the night, telling the camp the stories of his past. Even Godzilla was interested in his stories. Hana was completely enthralled the whole time. Kong came to visit the camp every day they were there. He showed them the island, and even brought them to the village. Unfortunately, they were only there for a week. The day finally came when they had to leave. Kong came down to the camp just as everyone was packing up. Godzilla approached him.
"So, you're leaving now?" Kong asked.
"Yep. I like this place, though. I'll probably come back some time." Godzilla shrugged. "You'll think about my offer, right?"
Kong nodded. "I will. If I do accept, where can I find you?"
"It's a little island called Monster Island." Godzilla explained. Kong nodded, and the two fist bumped before Godzilla left for the boat. It was then Kong saw Hana approaching him. She looked solemn, almost as if she was on the verge of tears.
"Well... I guess this is goodbye." She said.
"I suppose it is." Kong said. He was about to say something else, but he couldn't think of it as he heard Hana sniffle as she began to cry. He knelt down to look her in the eye.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.
"I... I'm just gonna miss you so much..." She whimpered. She hugged Kong tightly, and he couldn't help but hug back.
"I will miss you too." He said. "Here, hold on a second." He let go of her, and detached the knife from his belt. He handed it to her.
"Take this. If you ever need some way to remember Skull Island, just hold it close." He said, closing her hands around the knife. He saw a smile curve on her face as he did so.
"Thank you." She said. "I want to give you something now." She swung her bag off of her shoulder and reached into it. She pulled out her pink Hello Kitty pyjama bottoms. Kong laughed as she handed them to him. She laughed as well, realizing how silly it was now that she thought about it.
"I'm sorry, that's all I can think to give you." She said.
"It's a wonderful gift. Thank you." Kong nodded.
"Actually, I can give you something else too." Hana said.
Kong looked up, only to have Hana lean in and kiss him on the lips. His eyes widened as both he and Hana pulled away at the same time. A deep blush was spread across her face.
"I'm still gonna miss you." She said.
"I'll... miss you too." Kong said. He smiled, and Hana smiled as well. Even though they would be apart, they both knew that they would never forget each other. Their goodbye was interrupted when they heard Godzilla calling.
"Hana, c'mon, we're leaving." He said.
"...Bye." Hana said before running towards the boat. She got to the door, but before she stepped in, she took one final look back at Kong. He was still there, looking at her. She could see him as he waved goodbye to her, and she did did the same. Both satisfied with their goodbye, Hana stepped onto the boat, and Kong walked back into the jungle.

2016

11 years later, Kong had left Skull Island to join Godzilla's army. He had helped to protect the world from threats on four different accounts, but now he was called to return home. When he left, he put Gorosaurus in charge, but things had gone wrong. Kong had to return, or there would be no island left to rule. He was also accompanied by a friend of his, and another member of Godzilla's army, Varan. Varan wanted to see the world, and he was never one to turn down an opportunity to help others. Eventually, they arrived on Skull Island.
"So, this is it, huh?" Varan asked.
"Yeah. I haven't been here in a long time." Kong mentioned. "Looks like nothing's changed."
Suddenly, Gorosaurus dropped down in front of them. Varan got into a defensive stance, but Kong held up a hand in front of him to stop him from attacking.
"Don't worry. This is Gorosaurus." He explained. "He's a friend of mine."
"Thank goodness you're back." Gorosaurus said. "It's gotten much worse since you left."
"Is it the Skull Crawlers?" Kong asked.
"Yes, they're back." Gorosaurus said. "I've been trying to fend them off alone, but now that you're back you can help."
"I brought a friend as well." Kong said, nodding towards Varan. "This is Varan. We fought together with Godzilla's army."
"It's nice to meet you." Varan said.
"Likewise." Gorosaurus said. "Now let's go."