CHAPTER FOUR | Need a ride?

The amazing artwork is done by the Amazing RyRose_vest0107 they also happen to be an amazing writer! Go check out their stories!

Fan art is always welcome! I will SO put it a chapter if you draw a scene from the story! Just send it to me on Instagram @/princesslexicon

KELLIN'S P.O.V

After practice, I was exhausted, as always. I lay on the field, looking up at the already darkening sky. It was a dark blue, almost grey color. It was calm, and in my worn out state, had me a little captivated. I was hot and uncomfortable and breathing heavily. The October breeze felt good on my skin the longer I lay there, still. Everyone was heading back already, but I stayed behind. I wanted to be alone. I hated this. The only reason I play this stupid sport is because that's what I thought I was supposed to do. Go to school, have lots of friends, go to parties, be popular, play a sport, get a scholarship, go to collage, repeat. I hated it. It was all so pointless. My dad encouraged it, of course. Ever since I was old enough to understand the rules, I was in every little league sport they'd let me play. I don't remember if I hated it then, but I hate it now. I roll my eyes because, god, I am such a cliché.

My breathing evened out as Jordan suddenly stood over me, blocking my view of the cloudy sky.

"Are you coming, or are you planning on staying here over-night?" He asked, rising his eyebrows.

"Haven't decided yet." I say, making a fist in the grass beneath me, pulling at it.

"Well you better hurry up and decide because I'm your ride home." He said, amused.

"I can walk, you know." I mutter, looking back at the sky, avoiding his eyes.

"Yeah, but what kind of friend would that make me?" He asked. I looked at him and he was smiling, crossing his arms.

A good one. A great one. You'd be a great friend if you'd just leave me alone, forget about me, lose me and never try to find me again. You don't care about me though, and you sure as hell don't care about being a good friend. Not that you even know what that is. We're only 'friends' now by coincidence and convince.

"Or you could drive your car to school so you can drive yourself home? You have a car, you do know that right?" He says then mutters under his breath, "A damn expensive one." With a laugh. I haven't driven it since the day before I went down to the tracks. I can't explain it, but with no radio and no distractions, I feel like I think more clearly when I'm walking down the street by myself. Thinking is something I've been doing so much of since that night. But even then, I still feel distracted by things that are hardly there. I feel like there's so much thinking to be done, but I'm barely letting anything through my brain and just blocking most of the thoughts out; yet my mind is always racing. It's difficult to explain. It's like my body is confused because i'm not supposed to be here. Alive. It's as if it's just saying... 'Okay. what now?'

"C'mon." He says, reaching his hand out for me to take. I want to swat it away and tell him to leave me here but I don't. I sigh, I take his hand, and he pulls me to my feet.

"You have grass in your hair." He says, laughing and ruffling the back of my hair. He stops and I shake my hands through my hair, making sure it shakes out. I follow Jordan as he walks in the direction of the school parking lot. The school was closed, but they kept the locker room open because it led outside to the football field and the team used the field to practice every Thursday for two hours. Practice started at five p.m, so I guess it must be some time around seven. We kept walking towards the edge of the field and as we approached the gate, I noticed something- someone, rather, sitting in the bleachers. It kind of caught me off guard, but I tried to look unfazed, so that Jordan wouldn't notice. I picked up my practice bag and we kept walking as he did the same. Just as we got near the bleachers, I stopped. What am I doing? What am I doing?