CHAPTER SIX | Gloomy Saturday

KELLIN'S P.O.V

I woke up on Saturday to the doorbell ringing. I roll over and rub my eyes, letting a whine escape. What time is it? I force myself to sit up as the doorbell rings again. Ugh, is anyone gonna get that?! In the back of my mind, i knew my parents weren't home and that I was alone in the house. the doorbell rings again. For fuck's sake. I throw my blanket off of my body in annoyance and stand up, ready to kill whoever is making all that fucking noise. I stomp downstairs and make it to the front door, which I violently swing open.

"What!" I shouted without seeing who it was first. "Oh. It's you." I compose myself.

"Oh. It's me." Vic mocked as he stood at my front door with his hands in his jacket pockets. That leather jacket.

"What do you want?" I say, yawning, opening the door a little wider.

"Wow, what a greeting!" he says say with false enthusiasm, "Is that any way to speak to a friend?"

"We've been friends for like five minutes." I say flatly.

"That hurts. It really does." He puts his hand over his heart.

"Mhm sure." I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Get dressed, princess." He orders, looking me up and down.

"Um, why?" I am suddenly more awake.

"Um, because we're hanging out." He says as if it should be obvious, "That's what friends do."

"If being friends entails you showing up at my house every day at seven a.m, waking me up with the doorbell, I think i'll pass." I start to close the door but he stops it with his hand.

"Okay, okay, no need to be a bitch about it." He laughs and I just raise my eyebrows. "We're going to the park."

"The park? You woke me up for the park?!" I argue. What are we, five?

"Yep." He said, grinning. His smile was innocent. "Come on," he urges, "it's nice outside." His eyes go from mine, to up towards the sky.

That's the thing. It wasn't nice outside. There were dark clouds swirling ever-so slowly in the sky, giving everything a dull, gray tint. It was an early morning but you wouldn't know that because of how many shadows were being casted over everything below. It was gloomy and cold.

"No it's not." I furrow my eyebrows.

I couldn't see the sun. I didn't want to, either.

"Where we live, any whether that's not rain is considered good weather." He says, "I don't mind rain."

"Well It looks like it's about to storm." I said blankly, crossing my arms.

"...But it's not." He says.

"Yet."

"Are you scared of rain or something?" He asks quickly, laughing at me.

"No!" I unfold my arms.

"Great, then let's go!"

I sigh heavily and roll my eyes and he immediately turns around to go to his car.

"Are you gonna let me change clothes at least?" I ask from my place at the door.

"I'll wait." he said from the drivers side of his car, he was opening his door now."Hurry up!"