- Chapter 1/ part 3 - Midnight

I've always liked this Matt, full of surprises and ready for last minute adventures. I lay back in my seat and enjoy the ride. I still don't know where he's taking me and the urge of asking him again is going on my mind, but I go against it. The night is so peaceful and the stars are shining. It's like this night was meant to be this beautiful...

-"Alex...Alex?"

- I feel a touch on my nose and blink rapidly. I fell asleep all the car ride. Matt's eyes are searching mine.

-"You sure are no fun until now Ms.Forbes"-he giggles.

I stil don't know where we are, it's so dark. Matt is standing outside my door with his hands on top of his bended knees. I move and try to get out of the car

-"No! Don't get out yet!" He says and stops me.

-"Close your eyes"- he says and I oblige. I have no clue were this is going!

I hear the trunk get open and he's getting something.

-"What are you doing?" I say chuckling, still my eyes closed.

-"Don't open them yet" he laughs and the sound goes far away by the second.

He's not leaving me alone isn't he? My heart is pounding fast and I still have my eyes closed. I open them and all I see is black.

I jump in surprise but them recognize the touch and feel relieved.

-"I told you not to open them" Mat says covering my eyes with his hands. I didn't even hear him coming.

-"Okay sleepy head, let's get you out of this car, shall we?" We both laugh and I get out of the car with Matt's hands still covering my eyes. He directs me in every step and then he stops.

What now???

-"If this is a joke, I swear to God..."-he takes off his hands immediately and I gasp with open eyes.

I can't believe it! Is this happening? This is amazing! My head is full of emotions and I don't know what emotion to choose. From where I am standing, I can see the whole city. Everything is sparkling in little colorful lights. I just.. I'm so surprised how he remembered this.

When we were in elementary school we said to each other all our wishes and dreams that we wanted to do. We were little kids, with so much imagination, we said crazy dreams, but I can't believe...

-"Matt how..?" - I can't form any words.

-"How I remember?...I do remember Lex. It was your dream to see the whole world sparkling in small lights. This isn't the whole world, but as soon as I found this place, I knew you would love it and.."

I jump into his arms and hold him so tight. I have to admit this is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Matt is the best thing that's ever happened to me. He's surprised by my action but then holds me in his arms.

-"Your welcome"- he says against my hair. I can feel him smiling.

When I let go of him I notice something else. All the noise moments ago, and why I kept my eyes closed, was because he fixed "the table". There are candles, a picnic basket, and some blankets.

-"It's not much, just some sandwiches that I made myself, so even if you don't like them, just pretend to?"- he gives me a weird smile. It's so funny and adorable when he's shy.

-"I'm afraid that I can't deny anything that Mr.Genovesi offers me."-I say and he laughs. -"Of course"-he says shaking his head in laughter.

We sit down and start eating. There's not much wind so I don't have to wear my jacket.

-"I still dont get how you remembered" -I say my mouth full. His sandwiches are great by the way.

He takes another bite, and after he finishes he speaks.

-"Well..I came here some days ago. Just to get out of my "everyday routine" so I was just driving and driving. It was evening at the time , I got out of the car..and you we're the first thing that came into my mind. So I really wanted you to see this, and you did." -He smiles and my heart melts.

I smile to him and don't know what to say. He's always been there for me no matter what. He's a gift that I don't deserve. He deserves the world, and much more than this life we are in. If I cried he was there to wipe my tears away. If I laughed he was the main reason I did. If I was nervous, he was there to comfort me before I gave a performance at school. He's everything to me and I don't know if I can repay him for everything he does for me..

-"Do I have to say EARTH TO ALEX every single moment?"- Matt yells laughing and getting up.

-"I'm sorry"-I say-"I just think that's all"

-"You think too much, just enjoy the moment and let it be"- he says fixing his white blouse giggling.

He goes to the car and puts music on. He comes towards me and bends with his hand.

-"May I be fortunate and delighted, to have the pleasure, of having this dance with you Ms.Forbes?"- he stops and then laughs hard.

-"That was the longest question"- continues laughing and I end up laughing with him.

-"Dance with me?"- he chuckles and his eyes meet mine. The little lights sparkle in his green eyes and I nod smiling.

He takes my hands and put them behind his neck, and he pulls me closer to him. Our feet move slowly, and we go round and round and round. I put my cheek on his chest, just to hear his heartbeat.

He lets a relieved breath, and I do the same.

-"Do you remember when we had a school dance in middle school?" - he asks, I nod-" that guy bailed you, and I wasn't there for you..."

I raise my head and face him. He has done so many things for me, he shouldn't feel sorry about this, we were kids.

-"Yeah, but you still came, don't worry about this, it happened years ago"- I say and he continues

-"I just hated myself that I didn't come earlier! After hearing you cry on the phone, I forced my mom to get me to the dance, the fever was gone by then, but another fever grew when I knew he bailed on you and that I wasn't there for you..."he lowers his head

-"And then"-I interrupt him-" I was happy that you came" I raise his chin to face me even though he's tall enough to see me.

-" Don't you ever feel sad about something that happened years ago. You are everything to me Matt, don't forget that."

He smiles in surprise and then hugs me so tight that I cough.

-"Uhm..okay..I need some air" He chuckles and then cups my checks.

-"Thank you" he says kissing my forehead.

He goes to the car to take our jackets, it's windy now. I go further to see a full view of the city.

-"I will remember this night, I mean it's so..

-"It's so hard to forget something so amazing"-he interrupts me leaving my jacket on my shoulders.

-"Yeah"- I say and he giggles. We stand side by side in silence.

-"I'm glad that one wish..well kinda, I mean I tried to.."

-"Get to the point Matt"-I say laughing. I know he's not good with words.He nods smiling.

-"I'm just happy that one of your wishes, came true. And I was there to see it with you."

I smile-" I'm happy that you made that come true for me"- I say and he turns his head to face me.

He shakes his head-"Hmm hmm, you owe me a big one" I swat his arm, and he raises his hands in defense laughing.

The rest of the night goes by. We watch the stars sitting on top of the car and covered with blankets. Our hilarious memories, from our crazy childhood are in every conversation, and we end up laughing so hard and enjoying the view.