~Chapter Seventeen~

We were cut off by one of the Newsies. "Uh, Spot? Frill wants ya." The Newsie said. Spot gave me a sad smile and let go of my hands. Luckily, the Newsie didn't see us. I don't know what would happen to Spot if he did. I have out a sigh and looked at the river. Meeting him was fate. Becoming his friend was a choice. But falling in love with him was beyond my control.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

I walked to my bed with a dreamy smile. I was sitting at the edge, with my legs dangling out from the side. Spot walked in. He stood in front of me for a couple seconds, then pulled me up by my wrists. He took me to his bed and held me close. And my wish came true. I've replaced that pillow. I didn't dare move out of his grasp.

We fell asleep like that.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

I woke up early. Mostly because Spot was snoring. I have out a light chuckle and carefully moved out of the bed. I wanted to tell Mush everything. I quickly got dressed and headed out the door. "Where ya goin Racey?" One of the Newsies said blocking the door. I pushed him out of the way and continued walking.

I took a while, but I finally reached the lodging house. "Knock, knock knock!" I said while knocking on the door. And surprisingly, Mush opened up. I pulled him outside and shut the door. "Aye, what's ya problem! It's early!" Mush said rubbing his eyes. "Look I needs ta talk to ya bout-" Mush cut me off. "Spot?"
"Yea. Spot." I said.  There was a moment of silence. "Well?" Mush finally said.
"Ahh... I dunno if I should tell ya." I teased. "Please, please PLEASE tell me!" Mush said shaking my shoulders. I raised an eyebrow. Mush gave me worthless puppy eyes. "I guess I will tell you.." I said. Mush put an excited smile on his face. "Me and Spot kissed." I quickly said. Mush's jaw dropped to the ground. "Who kissed who?!' He asked curiously. "Spot kissed me." I said with my face turning red. Mush squealed like a little girl and made figdity hand motions. I rolled my eyes. "Tell anyone and you're dead. Kapeesh?" I said. "Kaposh." Mush replied. There was a short moment of silence. "Hey. What's in for me?" Mush said. "Not dying." I replied.

"Fair enough."

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠