~Chapter Thirty Eight~

"Ra- Anth- Scar. Youse can't go out there. They'll find ya. And youse don't want that." Batter informed me. He's right. I don't want it at all. "Scar. Come on. Talk at least." Batter pleaded. I just dug my head further into my knees. A small whimper was forced out of me. "Scar." Batter repeated. "B-But how are they not gonna find me?" I whispered, lifting my head slightly to face Batter. Batter handed me a piece of broken glass, for me to see my reflection. I widened my eyes. My hair looked longer and facial hair started growing. "You'll just have ta look different then." Batter stated.

I stood up slowly and shakily.

Everything flooded back to me all over again. "SPOT!" I shrieked. My stomach felt hollow and so full at the same time. "Scar! Calm down. J-just.." Batter attempted to settle me. "BATTER, I WANT SPOT! I WANT MY SPOT!! H-HE WAS EVERYTHING TO ME. H-he was my Spot.." I almost whispered at the end. "S-Scar.." Batter said with a slight crack in his voice. My knees cackled and I fell back onto the ground. "I hate him for making me like this but I love him so much. So, so, so, so much. I want Spot back. Spot, Spot, Spot, Spot, Spot." I cradled my legs in my arms and rocked back and forth on the stone cold floor of the alleyway. "I-I..." Batter stuttered. I know he doesn't have an absolute clue of what to do. "I want to hear his voice. I want to feel his soft skin. I want to see his smile. I want to hear his laugh. I want Spot." I felt like I was just talking to myself, alone. "Tell me. Do youse wanna know youse is he-ah? Or do youse wanna stay hidden." Batter asked me. "B-Both.." I whispered. Batter took off his cap and sighed, letting his back slide against the brick wall, plopping down next to me.

"I d-don't know what ta do..." He finally forced out. "I know you don't. And I'm not saying you should do anything. I'm sorry I got you dragged into my fucked up life." I sobbed. Batters eyes widened at my use of words. Yea, he curses. But he's never seen me do it. "I only became leader so I can get my mind off of Spot, that's obviously not working. And the only reason why I soaked those two scabbers, is because they threw down Spot's cap. The reason why I even came to Queens, is because Spot left me. Everything I do is because of Spot." I choked all my words. "I was falling in love and now I'm just falling apart." I almost whispered. I stopped crying. Not because I wasn't sad, because I had no more tears left. Whimpers and sobbed still escaped my sore lips.

"I want my Spot back..."

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠
Kinda short. Sorry fam.