~Chapter Twenty One~

~Racetrack's POV~

I heard footsteps running rapidly up the stairs. "R-Racetrack?" I heard a familiar voice say. I was happy and kind of dissapointed to hear that voice. "H-Hey Spot.." I said with pain shooting through my face whenever I spoke. Spot smiled and walked closer to me. I wanted to ask about the fight he had. "I was so worried.. I-I couldn't even sleep.." Spot said with happy tears filling his stormy blue eyes. All those thoughts about the fight drowned to the back of my head. I couldn't bring it up now. I just smiled as a response. "I-Is your nose ok.." Spot asked quietly. "Dunno.. wait how did ya know it was me nose?" I asked confused. "Oh.. we's gotta anudda docta.." Spot said scratching the back of his neck. "How!" I asked in disbelief. "Funny story.. Mush will explain everything." Spot said quickly running down the stairs. A few moments later, Mush entered the room. I smiled. "Hiya, Race!" Mush said excitedly. "Hey, Mush.." I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. Mush sat at the foot of the bed. "So. What did ya guys do this time." I say. "Well.. I was in the lodgin house one day while the others was sellin. I hoid a knock at da door and opened it to see Spot. He pulled me outside and tears were pouring out of his face like I've neva seen before. I couldn't even explain how devastated he was. When he told me everythin that was goin on.. I decided to take some of Blink's money and get a doctor.." Mush said while blushing. "Why Blink?" I asked with a smirk. I knew why. Mush just blushed.

A few minutes later, Spot came up the stairs. I slowly sat up, but layed back down because of how light headed I was. "Race I'm really sorry.." Spot says while running his fingers through his shiny light brown hair. It wasn't ok. But I didn't want to get in fights with him already. "It's ok." I lie. He gives me a crooked smile and I give a small smile back. I feel guilty for lying to him. But I just couldn't deal with anything right now. The moment I saw him soaking one of his Newsies played back in my head. He was so helpless against Spot. Why would he do such a thing? Why would he be so cruel? I felt tears pooling in my eyes, but rejected them. I refused to cry right now and be forced to spill everything to Spot. I felt so trapped in this situation.

Suddenly, I heard whimpering. "Spot?" I say. I make eye contact with him and see tears flooding out of his eyes. "I'm so sorry Race.. I hurt you and I didn't mean to. It haunts me. I just want to go back in time and fix everything."

"Spot. Don't cry you didn't mean to do anything."

"R-Race?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you more."

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

A/N- IM BAAAAACK. But I'm not gonna be uploading as often as before. There's more things going on. I think I'm gonna do a Blush fanfiction after this.