~Chapter Twenty Nine~

~Two Months Later~

I'm still living with Spot in Brooklyn. My love grows for him drastically every single second of the day. Spot never leaves my side and I don't want him to. Every second without him is pure torture. I would go selling with him every day and come home with him every night. And if I went to Manhattan, Spot came with me. I haven't even slept in my own bed for the passing time. We told each other "I love you" for just about two million times.

There's only one thing that's bothering me.

His Newsies still don't know.

I don't want to talk about it to Spot because I know I can't change his mind about anything. He can't hide things from them. I don't even know what's keeping him from telling. His Newsies deserve to know. And I'm sure they won't mind a bit. I mean-- he's the almighty Spot Conlon. Wouldn't his Newsies be afraid of him already? And Frill probably knows there's something going on. I think.

We were done selling and we were walking back to the Brooklyn Lodging house. Me and Spot were far behind the crowd of Newsies slowly walking side by side. I took a deep breath. "What's wrong?" Spot asked. "Spot.. your Newsies." I said softly. "Uh.. what about em.." Spot said in a low voice. "They don't know. Don't you think they should?" I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. Spot shut his eyes and let out an aggravated sigh. "Race.." He said between his teeth. "Spot.." I pleaded. "Look, Race. They just can't know." Spot said taking off his cap. "Why. Please tell me why." I said.
"Race." Spot whined. "They deserve to know." I growled. "Race! They can't!" Spot yelled. We were standing in the middle of the street face to face. The sun was going down and the moon was rising. The way he said that put needles in my chest. "Don't you trust the boys you spent more than half your life with!" I said using the same time of voice he did. "YES RACE. I DO." Spot yelled. Tears started pooling in my eyes, leaving a stinging feeling in them. "AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! I MIGHT AS WELL TRUST THEM MORE THAN YOU." Spot yelled. I couldn't take it anymore. The tears spilled down my face like waterfalls. Spot threw his cap on the ground and swiftly walked off, leaving me alone. In the middle of the street.

I collapsed on my knees, clutching his cap he left behind.

Because it's the only thing I have left of him.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠
A/N- Damn it was so hard to right this chapter.