~Chapter Fourty Five~

I see black spots block my vision, but Mush shakes my shoulders, making them disappear.

"I'se would've told ya soonah. But I didn't know me long lost best friend was the leadah of Queens." He said. I started hyperventilating.
"Race! Calm ya self! So one will recognize ya!!" Mush pointed out.
He was right. I almost looked nothing like my old self.
"Th-That's not the point Mush! I'm seeing S-S-Spot.." Everytime I said his name, I just wanted to leave. I wanted to be gone.

"Please. You have to do this. For the Newsies of New York." Mush pleaded.
It was a good cause. To good to miss.

And I have to go. Whether I like it or not.
"Go back to 'Hattan Mush.. I guess I'll see you tomorrow.." I say with a sad crack in my voice. Mush nods once and slowly gets up, heading back home.

After about twenty minutes, I rush to the lodging house, knowing my Newsies were there.

I swing the door open and Batter runs to me in relief. "Where were you?!" He whisper yells. I grunt and pull him outside. He crosses his arms, waiting for me to speak.

"Mush figured out who I was." I say really quickly. His eyes widen and he uncrossed his arms. "Where's ya accent?" He said in surprise. "Is that all you care about right now!! Mush knows who I am and I have to see Spot tomorrow night!!" I yell.

Batter's jaw drops to the ground.
He doesn't say anything for what seems like eternity.
"We're making peace between all the boroughs.. so I have no choice but to go. It's at Irving hall.." I almost whisper.
"T-T-Tomorrow night?" Batter stutters.
I nod while looking at the ground and biting my nails.
Tears blur my vision as I replay Spot's face in my mind over and over again.
"Let's go inside.." Batter whispers. I nod in agreement and follow him.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠
Guys sorry these are really short I just want certain things in certain chapters.