|| 9 ||

The warm heat from the large stone and marble hearth in front of you kept your chilled body warm and toasted as the cold rain pounded from the dark Scottish skies. You wouldn't trade this moment for anything - well it'd be even better if you had the Chosen One and the Slytherin Prince by your side. But due to the unfortunate (and stupid) house prejudices neither could accompany you in the Hufflepuff common room.

That's where you were. In your house common room, wearing fuzzy yellow socks, sipping on a nice cup of hot chocolate, as your quill danced on the parchment in front you. ((Homework. You were doing homework - in case none of you were catching my drift -.-)) Finishing the last sentence of your potions essay, and blowing on the parchment to dry the ink, a first gear Hufflepuff walked up to you with their thumbs twiddling.

You froze your huffing and turned to the first year. A small smile lacing your face when you noticed his light pink cheeks. “There's a - There's someone outside that wants to see you. Some pale ferret looking boy.” You choked on your spit from the young boy’s description.

Kids are just getting more and more blunt these days.
“Ah, ummm, thanks for telling me.” An anime sweat drop slid down your cheek as you started packing up your books and parchments. The young boy nodded before running off to his group of friends.

After stretching out your back from the cramped passageway you were greeted by the handsomely amused face of Draco Malfoy, “Your common room entry is weird.” He kicked one of the many large wine barrels as emphasis.

The Hufflepuff common room entry was through a crawl space through one of the barrels. It was a cramp entry way sure, but the common room itself was very homey, and complimented the Hufflepuff “down to earth” stereotype.

You rolled your eyes, “Better than Ravenclaw at least. You have to answer a riddle just to get in.” Draco leaned against the pyramid of barrels and twirled you into his arms. He planted against a firm kiss onto your lips.

“Now is there a reason as to why you interrupted my homework time?” You asked pulling back from him, his arms still tightly wrapped around your waist. “Can a man not enjoy the company of his beautiful soulmate?” Your face flushed and your heart skipped a beat. Draco pulled into another deep kiss to empathize his statement.

You could feel the butterflies in your stomach drip down south to your core. God you loved this man. But it seemed you were missing the other half of your puzzle.

Again you pulled away from the kiss. “Where's Harry? Still MIA?”
Draco rolled his storm grey eyes, “All this love and affection I give you and yet you still yearn for another male.” He clicked his tongue and shook his head in faux disappointment.

You snorted and slapped his chest. “You practically shower me in affection. And besides, neither of you would have me if the both of you didn't put on your big boy knickers and confess.” You retorted as you unwrapped Draco’s arms from your waist. By now the both of you were wandering aimlessly throughout the halls; Draco had to restrict himself from wrapping an arm around your shoulders or waist.

Draco was knocked out of his thoughts when he noticed where they had wandered to.

“The library?” The blonde asked in spite and with a perfect (on FLEEK) raised eyebrow.

“Yes the library. I need to find a book anyways.” You replied as you brushed past your moody lover and into the warm library. 
Draco had settled himself into one of the larger lofty chairs near the back of the library, and very much secluded from Madam Pince and any other nosey students. Ironically (to Draco), the book you were looking for was right beside him.

You stretched onto your tiptoes to reach the highly placed book, your fingers had barely touched the book cover when you felt a stinging smack onto your bottom.