how you hardly ever went to school

The next morning was a tortue.
I got up around 6am and didn't dare to look at my reflection in the mirror.
It was mostly likely that even Dracula would envy me for the bags under my eyes. I might as well drop out of school and work in a ghost train.
In a state of trance I showered, got dressed and pured orange juice into a glass and sat down. I never ate breakfast - my body just refused food before at least 10am.
The clock striked 7 with one gong. I startled up and quickly packed my bag. When I was just about to throw my coat on, I heard my parents getting up. They had an own company and never bothered turning up there before 9 o'clock because they were 'bout that life.

"Are you gonna keep that pace up? Looks like you're running away from me." I turned around to see who was behind me, not slowing down though.
"I'm trying not to miss my bus." I pulled my coat tighter around my body. The sun was just about to rise which meant that my bus would pass my bus stop two streets away any second. And I would surely not let Matthew Healy be the reason for coming to late for my first class.
"Where are you going to school anyway?" he asked now walking next to me.
"Wilmslow."
"How come I've never seen you there?"
"Maybe because you're never there." That wasn't much of a question. I knew that he barely ever went to high school. He was too busy being a rock star, smoking away the days. It was quite gobsmacking to see him being up this early.
"Fair enough." he pulled out a wrinkled pack of cigarettes and offered me one.
"I don't smoke."
He brought the cigarette between his lips and lit it. After that he smoked silently. It was an awkward silence, like we both didn't know what to say anymore. Suddenly my boots became absolutly interesting and I stared down.
It was a relief when we finally reached the bus stop just in time. I greeted the bus driver and took a seat in the very front, plugging in my earphones as soon as I sat down. It was my personal routine. Most of my life was a routine, to be honest. I didn't mind.

If cruelty had a name it would be high school. And Wilmslow High School wasn't an exception.
We got all kind of groups that you would find in a stereotypical film. Mostly jerks though.
I didn't stood out but I didn't fit in either. I just went to school to attend my classes and then I left again.
I had a few friends but most of them abondoned me half of the time. Probably I was too boring to talk to.
So I spend most of my time scribbling on things, hiding my face, ignoring assholes and listening to music.
Suddenly I bumped into someone in the hallway and got pulled out of my thoughts immediantly. Out of reflex, I jumped to the side, mumbled an excuse and tried to walk away. I wasn't up for any kind of trouble anymore. I used to be; I used to fight back every mean comment I got. But then I realized that it wasn't worth it. It just didn't make a difference. My reaction would rather cause them even more fun.
"Oi, aren't you the reason we had to stop playing yesterday night?"