what a familiar face

Now I was forced to look up. The guy that I accidently barged into was one of Matthews mates and he looked terribly tall and terribly terrifying. I nodded quickly. Every single fiber in my body told me to run away.

The floor that paved the halls was green - an ugly green that reminded me of The Green Mile which was a little bit ironical. That was one of the things that went through my head as I tried to find a way of not getting openly denounced.

Looking back, I was probably overreacting big time but right then I felt everyone in the hallway staring at us. They were all waiting for a public fight, something that would make me want to crawl in a hole and never come back again. Matthews friend - George? - disappointed them though, very much to my suprise.

"You could just ask to come in the next time, you know?" He half-smiled which caused his eyes to squint even more.

"Was that an invention?"

What? What the hell was wrong with me? Why couldn't I shut up for once.

"Yeah, sure, it's always nice playing in front of people." George slid his hands into his pockets and nodded towards me which probably meant that this was the end of our conversation. A forced smile convulsed my face and I quickly moved on.

"Matty would love it!" He called after me. I tried my hardest not to fall over my own feet or do anything else to embarrass myself - and I tended to doing that in the worst times.

Everything was totally wrong. I was used to jerks trying to make fun of me in public - not inventing me to their band rehearsal. Yet, I never talked to any of Matthews friends before.

The only thing I knew that apparently they were sort of cool, skipping school, smoking in front of the mall, occasionally throwing parties. They might me alright. Apart from their annoying sleeping / playing loud music schedule of course.

I didn't know a lot about Matthew either although we were neighbours for nearly five years now, ever since my parents and I moved to Manchester. He was a year older than me and only changed to my high school this semester. Apparently, he went to a private school in Macclesfield before but got thrown out because of some incident. The rumors were vague and came from unreliable sources.

His parents were famouse actors and my parents loved them which was one of the reasons they never spoke up when one of Matthews parties went to wild and our frontyard was affected aswell. Both of them seemed to be busy most of the time so I barely saw them.

I spend the rest of my school day without any special events and eventually got to go home by bus in the late evening with a shit ton of homework from teachers that obviously didn't get that their class isn't the only one I was taking.

The house was empty when I returned and I turned on the TV. Making my way into the kitchen my thoughts revolved around Matthew Healy. It was weird how I lived next to him for such a long time without ever caring about him. And it was even more weird how drastically that changed after the night before.

After getting myself a soda and then focusing my attention on the television for about an hour, I decided that I couldn't hide from my homework forever and went upstairs, picking up my school stuff on the way. Once I was in my room I realised that the shutter was still closed. I made my way to the window (and nearly tripped over a book that was lying on the ground) to open it.

Light flooded the room and exposed the mess of clothes and books and CD's that were spread all over the wooden floor. I looked out of the window. From this place you actually had an exclusive view into Matthews room. If I had wanted to stalk said person during the last five years it would have been easy. But again, I didn't.

But right then there was someone else stading behind the window on the other side.

Fuck