punch your lights out, hit the pavement, that's what I call entertainment

"Fun Ghoul...what did you do?!"

"It looks great."

"I'm gonna kill you!!"

Umbrella glares at her violet colored hair, and runs her fingers through it. Areas of her old turquoise still show through, but it's mostly purple now.

"I like it." Party states, leaning against the doorway.

"It was actually meant for you." Fun says, smirking as Party slugs him in the arm.

"Ow. Okay. I'm sorry."

Umbrella glares at the two smiling killjoys, and pushes past them.

Just 4 more hours until Kid and Jet get back, if they made it into Zone 3 by nightfall.

"Target practice." Party states, walking out the back doors of the diner.

Fun watches him go, and wraps an arm around Umbrella's waist.

"I really am sorry." he says, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"Ghoul.."

Her breath hitches as his lips press to the skin, under her ear. Her eyes flutter closed and she lightly tugs on his hair, earning a breathy moan/sigh.

"I-I can't.."

She tries to move away, but his lips latch onto her collar-bone, leaving a mark.

He smirks and walks off.

Umbrella sighs, and rubs at the already forming bruise.

¬¬¬¬

"Partyyyyy."

The redhead stops shooting as Umbrella's arms wrap around his waist.

"What?"

"I dont want you getting sick again." she says into his shirt.

His jacket is tossed aside on the ground.

"I won't, Ella. I'm fine."

"Ella?"

He shrugs and raises his gun, hitting the target dummy in the chest. Wind whisps sand against his sweaty arms.

Umbrella reaches up and ties his hair back from his face.

"There. Now come in."

Party groans and picks up his jacket. Umbrella holds his jaw and presses a kiss to his cheek.

"Kobra and Jet should be back in an hour or so."

He nods, taking her hand loosely. She squeezes his fingers and pulls him into the diner.

Party notices her jacket is zipped all the way up but doesn't say anything.

She sets a can of Power Pup and a water bottle in front of him.

He pushes the can back and opens the water bottle.

"Party. You have to eat."

"I will. I'm just not hungry right now."

Umbrella frowns, but doesn't say anything, opening the can for herself.

¬¬¬¬

"Glad to see the place in one piece." Jet says, smiling.

Kobra nods in agreement, taking supplies to the back. It's close to sundown.

"I'm glad Party's okay." Kobra says, as he and Umbrella stack cans in the back.

"I am too."

Kobra puts his sunglasses on the top of his head and looks Umbrella in the eyes.

"Do you like him?"

Cans crash against the floor as Umbrella scrambles to grab them.

"Is that a yes....?"

She tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear and picks up the cans.

"I...I don't know, Kid. Honestly. Killjoys first, my feelings second."

"You sound just like him." the blonde looks down, checking cans.

¬¬¬¬

"Party?"

"Mhmp."

The moon-less, star-less night leaves them in complete darkness.

"Can you move your arms?"

Party opens his heavy eyes at Umbrella's whisper-y voice.

"Why?"

"I'm hot."

He frowns and presses the back of hand to her forehead. Sweat makes her forehead slick, but it's cold.

"Take off your jacket then."

She carefully unzips it, and tosses it to the floor, suddenly cold.

Party draws her in, stopping when he sees the dark spot on her collarbone.

"What's that." he asks, pressing his fingers to it.

"N-Nothing."

"Is that a hickey?"

"Um-"

He sighs, angrily and turns his back to Umbrella.

"What? Why are you mad?"

"Stop leading me on!! If you love Fun Ghoul, stay with him. It's not like you font already."

"Party-"

"I hear you sneak back in, Umbrella. Just stay in there."

"I-"

"Get out."

The quiet declaration makes any warm air leave the room. Umbrella quietly grabs her coat and boots, stealing her pillow too.

Party listens to the door quietly close, and turns to face the empty side of the bed, trying to convince himself that was the right thing to do.

Action coming up!!