Chapter Two

"Dad, I'm home!" Where is he?  I walk into the kitchen to find a note saying 'Pearl. Sorry I'm not home. I got an call to the other side of the city and needed to go. I won't be home for a day or two. Love you!  Sorry!!

"Ugh. Why is he never home?!  I wish he could just be a good father and hang out with me sometime." Then I noticed a picture he left on the counter. It was of him and another woman kissing! That MUST be my mom in that picture. Oh she looked so happy. Maybe I could use that picture to find more about my mom.

I picked it up and went to my bedroom, opened my computer and put a description of her in the inter net. Great. The only thing that came up was a picture of her. I'll never find out what she was like. As I sulked on my bed I saw the picture of my mom and Dad and noticed writing on the back. 'I knew you would find this someday, Pearl, so I made it easier for you and just put it with my note and wrote this on the back. Your mother was a beautiful young lady that worked for the animal shelter. She was kind and helpful to even strangers. You would have loved having her as a mother. I promise I will tell you the rest when I get back. OK?'

My eyes started to tear up when I read it. I was going to get a father that cared about me a bit more and I would get to know my mother. I was happy and slowly drifted off to sleep knowing that my father was warming up to me.

***

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Ugh, what happened. I slept in my clothes and woke up to my alarm, what is happening?" And then it all came back to me, Dad is gone for a few days, but is starting to warm up to the idea of telling me about my mom. "Ugh, more school."

I dragged my body out of my bed and got dressed just to drag my body more to go brush my hair and teeth. Heading downstairs, I got a text from Brandon asking 'Do you want to go out for coffee with me this morning?'. I texted him back 'Sure. Am I getting that you are asking me out on a date? Pick me up in five *Buzz* 'Sure and yes I am asking you out on a date'

Yes. I get to tell Brandon everything that happened last night. I've started to get a crush for Brandon out of all the things we share and all the things that are different between us. I think we would make a perfect couple.

*Ding Dong* Yes, I thought as I put shoes on and got the door. We walked to his car and he drove us to Starbucks. We talked and talked until finally we got there. He put his arm around me as we ordered and sat down.

"So, tell me more about yourself. What do you like to do, favorite color, animal and movie." He questioned while sipping his caramel macchiato.

"Well, I love to read and write mostly romantic or action books. My favorite color is purple like my eyes, my favorite animal is the lion, and my favorite movie is um, that's a hard one. I'd say Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban.  Now your turn."

"I love hands on things like sports and science. My favorite color is green like the grass. My favorite animal is a fox and my favorite movie is Star Wars. Any Star Wars movie." He looked into my eyes and I could tell he was holding back on blurting out to the whole world that we were on a date.

"Hey, so, I can tell you want to tell me something, what is it?" He walked in and questioned me.

"So, I got home yesterday and my dad left a note for me saying he won't be home for a day or two, then, I found a picture of my mom and dad kissing and when I thought I would never be able to find out who she was, I found a note on the back giving a small description of what she was like. It also showed that my dad really did love her a lot. " I was out of breath after saying that, but I was happy to get it all out. Brandon is the only person in the world beside my dad that I could tell all my feelings to.

We finished up our coffee and went outside to his car, got in and drove to school. For once I was excited to go to school. But only because of Brandon.

What will happen between Brandon and Pearl? Will one of them finally fully share their feelings, will they kiss? Find out in the next episode of Finding Myself.

Hey guys, thanks for reading my story and I hope you continue to do that. Thanks guys.