Chapter 6

Back to Pearl's point of view. Backed up a few minutes.

Why did he have to leave right after we had become a couple?! Why, why why! Tears started to roll down my cheek and that turned into me balling. I hear the door open to Brandon opening the door again and realized his phone was still here. I pointed to the table and he grabbed it talking to me about what was wrong. I was too embarrassed to tell him what was wrong so I told him a lie that nothing was wrong and as he walked out the door I started to cry again. I was alone like I have been my entire life. What have I done to God to deserve this fate?

I walked to the grocery store to get a couple microwave meals and head home to make one for dinner.  Putting the meal in the microwave and sat down on the couch and started searching Netflix for something that I am in the mood for.  Sad romances, or just sad movies.  That is exactly how I am feeling right now.  

*Beep Beep Beep Beep*  Dinner is done.  I lugged my tired and sad body to the oven and grabbed my dinner out of the microwave and walked back to the couch.  Finally after searching for a movie I found one that sounded sad enough to make me feel like my problems weren't as bad.  Halfway through the movie, the boyfriend had to leave and the girlfriend thought about what to do and decided to follow her boyfriend.  Realizing this movie related so much to me I decided to buy bus tickets to Brandon's destination and headed out with a small bag of clothes, food, and money. 

The bus stopped for the night in a small town with enough hotels for me to choose from and close enough to the destination that it would only take about fifteen minutes to get to the center city where Brandon should be.  I found a La Quinta Inn and Suites and checked in, taking up half of my money for one night.  

Looking outside my room window, lights began flashing and planes were whirring around.  Missiles were fired, one Twin Tower went down and the second came crashing down.  Screams could be heard from way out here. Something wet rolled down my cheek and went into my mouth, allowing me to taste salt.  Explosions could be seen and heard and sirens came from all directions.  Sirens and screams filled my ears.  I fell to my knees, more tears rolling down my cheek and my hands covered my ears as my own screams and sobs rang through the hotel.  Brandon could have been in that accident, my dad could have been in that accident, I would be alone for all of eternity.  Not there to help him more of my screams and sobs filled the hotel, causing more and more knocking on the door for me to try and ignore.  Opening the door, the entire hotel staff started asking me questions.  'What's wrong?' 'What do you need?' 'How can we help?' 'Why?' 'Why?' 'Why?'.  Too many questions, too many people, out, out, out, no more.  Tears poured down my cheeks more and more, more questions that I can't answer, more questions I don't want to answer.  "Why God?  Why did you have to do this to me?  Why threaten to leave me all alone?  What have I done to you?".  Questions of my own came out and I fell to my knees and then to my side.  They followed.  More, different questions came in through one ear and out through the other.  I couldn't take it anymore.  "GET OUT!  I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! NO MORE PEOPLE, NO MORE QUESTIONS! LEAVE ME ALONE!"  I cried through more and more tears.  As I curled up in a ball, the people slowly left muttering a mixture of annoyance from me kicking help out and sad comments for me.  

I cried and cried for hours and hours till it was dark no more, the bus leaving without me.  A waste of a trip, another day to cry.  The hotel staff let me stay for a couple of more nights after I finally calmed down enough to let them talk to me and comfort me.  They were nice people and only wanted to help, yet I had pushed them away along with the comfort and thought of having friends to talk to.  The screams from the night before had died out, but sirens were still ringing throughout the towns around the center city.  Something had happened that may involve the people I care about, leaving only me to figure out what happened and find them, and in the meanwhile, find myself.  

What happened in the center city and were the people Pearl cares about impacted?  Find out in the next chapter of Finding Myself!

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter and that you will continue to read.  That chapter will probably be the saddest chapter, but there may be another sad chapter to come.  With my writing style of thinking of an idea and randomly writing, both the reader and the writer have no idea what will come next.  Thank you for reading!