Chapter 4

Brandon's point of view during the call

"Hello, this is Brandon, what can I do for you?" Another call to the city I'm guessing, but what about Pearl?

"I'm calling for you to come down to help protect my house fro anything that happens."  The woman on the other side of the call stated.

"Sorry, but right now I am occupied with another call Aunty.  Yes I recognize your voice. Now please don't bother me again until I am let's say 20." I answered, tired of my Aunt calling me day after day to go live with her.

"Please Brandon I'm your only family left after the accident.  I don't want to lose you too."

"No Aunty. I will not go to your house and leave Pearl alone. I really like her Aunty. Now I will not take anymore calls from you so don't call me ever again about moving in with you."

"Brandon, I really do need something from you, just come over for a day. Please?"

"One day, no more!"

"Oh thank you Brandon."

I went back out and started packing up when Pearl walked in. I had to partially lie to her. She doesn't know why I'm really here. "Sorry, but my aunt wants me to go to the center city with her because she is sick.  I'll miss you.  sorry about your dad."

Hey guys, thanks so much for reading my story. Chapters will start to get longer from now on. Thanks!