Chapter 9

Jasmine's POV

Pearl was asleep next to me as I drove on the highway.  If she was awake, she would know that we should already be there, but she was so tired when she got in the car that she just passed out.  I wondered if I was doing the right thing by doing this.  My boss was paying me to get this girl.  He somehow knew that Pearl would be at that hotel and that the towers would collapse.  The Boss would get angry if I didn't follow through, but I would hate it if Pearl had to go see Boss.  The Boss acted like she actually knew her and cared about her.  Boss has never had me go get someone special to her.  Whatever Boss has planned for her, she would get her way and something, maybe bad, maybe good would happen to Pearl.  

I stopped the car at a gas station where I had to make my choice.  Boss was the only way for me to get paid and my family needs the money, but Pearl really cares about her boyfriend and I would hate to destroy their relationship.  Filling the gas up, I looked in the car to see Pearl was still asleep.  I have to make my decision on what is best for the most people.  Pearl and her boyfriend or me and my family.  Not too hard now that I think of it.  I have to choose what is best for me and my family.  I'm sorry Pearl. 

OMG!!! Pearl is in trouble! Or is she? No one knows.  Duh, duh, duuuuuuh! I love you guys and thank you SOOOOOOOO much for continuing to read my story!  I may say that a lot, but it is because I mean it.  I really do love it that you guys read my story, continue to like it and I hope you finish reading while I finish writing!  Oh, and I'm sorry that this chapter was short, I was going to add more POVs, but I thought it would be better to just leave this one on its own considering what happened and to leave a cliff hanger.