Chapter 7

Brandon's point of view when the towers crashed.

"I don't want easy I want crazy, you with me baby, lets get crazy"  I sung to I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes as it was played on the radio.  My eyes widened as I heard the whirring of missiles through the air along with war planes.  Is there a war going on that was taken to the center city? The towers fell in slow motion as I slow motion braked and turned my wheel.  The car behind me started to do the exact motion and like robots, we sped up one by one, slowly escaping a piece of the nearest tower that fell down twenty feet away from my car.  The blast as the heavy piece of cement pushed our cars one by one into each other, putting us to a stop.  None of us could go forward anymore.  I got out of my car and saw that the entire front of my car was toddled and unable to be fixed.  I reached back into my car to grab my phone and felt my feet as they pulled me forward as fast as they could to get away from the attack.  Words came out of my mouth without thought, telling the others to go and go as fast as they could.  My own legs would not stop until I collapsed, out of breath, still too close to the attack.  I needed to get out of here. Noticing a small town with a couple of hotels a mile or two away, I picked myself up and ran, ignoring the pain coming from all parts of my body.  The thought of getting back to Pearl was the only thing keeping me going.  I had to get back home and get to her.  Nothing would stop me from getting to the one person I loved.  I got to the small town in just enough time to hear sirens and more explosions come from the place I left.  Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, I need to get to Pearl.  God, please help me get to Pearl.  The prayer kept running through my head as I collapsed on the side of the road, holding a locket with a picture of Pearl in one hand and my phone in the other.  

                                                                                     ***

I woke up with a blanket put over me, neatly in a cot and in a moving vehicle.  I sat up, my ribs and lungs aching.  We were going away from the center city, they were taking me back to my home.  My locket and phone were gone! I got up, out of the cot and went to the front of the vehicle that I guessed was an ambulance.  I opened the separation fabric to reveal two men with white uniforms on, mumbling something I couldn't understand.  Catching myself before I fell over, the man in the passenger seat looked back and his eyes opened wide. 

"What the heck are you doing up?  You have at least one broken rib, barely breathing on the side of the road and you are up?  Go back to the cot!" the man with wide eyes half yelled at me.  

"Not...Until...You...Give...Me...Back...My...Phone...And...Locket." I whispered, barely able to say it without passing out.

"Will you promise to get back to the cot and stay there?" He countered back still with a wide eyed face.  

I nodded, "Give...Me...My...Stuff...Back...First." I whispered again, still not able to use my full voice.  

The man rolled his eyes but reached in the glove compartment and pulled my phone and locket out, handing them to me and pointing toward the back space where the cot was.  

"Take...Me...To...099...Part...Time...Road." I whispered to him firmly.  

"Is that where you live?" He asked and I nodded, to tired to answer.  He told the driver the address and plugged it into his phone. 

Hey guys!!!! Soooo, that was chapter seven of my story.  I'm soooooooo sorry for not updating for... about a year!!! I've been too busy with school and life that I forgot until today!!! I still hope you liked it and will continue to read it.