Chapter 8!!!!

Just saying now, I'm excited to get back into writing for you guys and I would LOVE it if you voted for this chapter even though I haven't wrote for you guys in about 8-10 months.  

Still Brandon's POV

I woke up from my nap to find that we had arrived at my house.  "Drop me off here.  I'll be fine, I'm studying to become a doctor."

"Oh hell, you aren't going anywhere, we are just here to let you grab some clothes.  You are coming with us to the hospital and we are calling your parents.  How old are you, like 16?" The nurse that had yelled at me earlier yelled at me again.  I couldn't let them call my parents so I followed their instructions with a twist.  I went inside and went to my room, limping in the process, grabbed my clothes and walked to the door where they could see me and I locked the door on them.  Then I went around the rest of the small house and locked all the other doors that allowed people to get in from the outside and made my way to the secret attic above my room so that if they did somehow get in, they wouldn't find me.  

I realized something that stopped me in my tracks.  Pearl! Where the heck did she go? She didn't no, no, no, she couldn't have.  I ran back outside and found the men who were my only chance of getting back to the city were gone.  I paced back and forth on my driveway and just made myself angrier and angrier.  

How could I let her do this? How could I just leave her like that? She could be in the twin tower crash!  She could be dead!! OMG!! I need to get to her NOW!!!! 

I felt around my pockets for my phone.  Nothing.  NO, NO, NO!!! Those guys weren't doctors! They were theives taking advantage of the towers falling.  They have everything of mine! They have my phone, my wallet, and, worst of all, they took my only memory of Pearl if she is dead. Sitting down, the tears ran down my face as I thought of Pearl and the troubles I put her through by leaving her.  Now I may be the reason a teen is dead and heartbroken.  

Back to Pearl's POV.

Finally, when I had gathered myself back up, I asked the hotel workers if there was any buses going back home, or if there was anyone that could give me a ride home.  

One hotel worker answered me. She was the one who had given me the most comfort when the towers crashed, Jasmine.  "I have a car and can drive you back where you live, but I have no way to contact my family to tell them that I'm alright because the hotel phone is down and I don't have a personal cell phone."

"I can let you borrow mine. You can use it all you want as long as I can get home to my boyfriend.  Please, it would mean a lot to me if anyone could get me home." I pleaded with Jasmine.  

"Of course I can give you a ride home! If you want to leave now, after you pack, I'm sure that my manager would be ok with it considering there will be no customers because of the towers' crashing."  Jasmine had a giant smile on her face as I went upstairs to pack my stuff back up.  

Brandon's POV again.

I started to get worried that she might never come back to me when I saw a wierd car drive up to the house.  Who are those people in the car anyways? Were they those robbers again? Going up to the car, I saw my aunt.  I thought roads had been shut down and no one would be able to get to me? She had scrapes and burns all over her body and could barely speak in a whisper.  

"I'm so sorry Brandon.  I didn't mean for this to happen before you left the city.  I thought you would be out of range before the attack." She hung her head as she whispered the words to me.  

"Auntie? What do you mean? Did you know about the attack?!"  I questioned her. If she knew about the attack and if she is the reason that Pearl could be dead, then things would happen that no one would be able to describe.  If she could have told me this before I left, and I could have prevented this and Pearl and I could have been home and safe.  

"I-I-I'm the reason for the attack sweetie.  I'm so sorry, I wish it could have not happened. Could we please go inside and talk about this?"

"NO! You may have been the reason that Pearl may be dead!  NO!  Unless that is Pearl in the backseat, no you may not come in my house.  You can stay out here and explain it to the whole world or you can leave and never look at my face again." All the anger, frustration, and sadness came out and exploded in front of my Aunt's face.  

Ooooh, twist on the story! I'm excited to see what will come out of the rest of the story in future chapters.  Again, thank you guys for continuing to read my story, however good or bad it is! Again, thank you soooo much!