Chapter 5

Draco

When I stepped out of the fireplace, Mother and Father were in the living room. They looked worried when I carried Hermione out of the ash.

"What happened?!" Mother shrieked, after getting a look at Hermione's face.

"The bloody weasel hurt her again," I replied.

I set her on the couch and quickly healed the wounds.

"She's staying here now," I stated.

"That's fine, I'll have an elf set up a guest room for her," Mother replied.

I nodded and looked at Father.

"What spell did he use?" He asked.

"I'm sure you're aware of the curse," I replied, looking back at my mate.

Mother came back into the room.

"Her room is the one next to yours," she told me. "You should go lay her down."

I nodded and gently picked Hermione up. She groaned softly as I carried her to her room. I drew back the covers on her bed and set her down.

After covering her with the blanket, I hesitantly left the room.

~*~*~

Around dinner time I went back to check on my beautiful mate. When I opened the door, I sighed. She was still asleep.

She's had a long day... Waking up from a three week long sleep, getting beat up, and one unforgivable curse.

I slowly walked forward and sat by her sleeping form. She looked like a goddess when she slept.

I played with her hair for a moment before going down to dinner.

~*~*~

I snapped awake in the middle of the night, a sharp pain in my arm. I thought for a moment it was my mark before I realized it wasn't my pain. It was Hermione's.

I shot off the bed and to the room next door. I quickly threw open the door.

She looked like she was holding her breath. She was crying and sweating. Just as I was about to step forward, she broke and let out an ear splitting scream.

I rushed forward and shook her awake.

Hermione

I did everything I could to not scream. One curse before Bellatrix knelt on my chest. She grabbed a knife and gave me an evil smirk. She dragged the knife into my arm. I couldn't hold it any longer, I screamed.

I was shook awake a sobbing mess. Someone pulled me into a hug. I didn't care who it was. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his neck. I cried softly.

Draco

I cradled her sobbing body in my arms. I was surprised when she put her arms around me.

I gently slid under the covers next to her and helped her lay down. I let her cry.

~*~*~

Sunshine woke me from my light sleep. I opened my eyes and looked at Hermione. She looked peaceful.

I smiled and brushed some hair out of her face. She showed no signs of the nightmare just hours before. Her arms were no longer around me, but her hands were clutching my shirt. Her body was against my side and her head by mine.

I gently stroked her soft cheeks and watched as a small smile grazed her lips. She seemed so fragile. As if, if I hugged her she would break. I took this moment to notice how much she had changed when my blood matured.

She defiantly had more curves. She had a perfect hourglass figure. Her hair was a bit longer and was less frizzy. It curled perfectly in waves down her back. Her lips were a nice shade of pink and they looked so soft.