Chapter 8

Draco

I was kneeling beside Hermione, holding her hair back when she was sick. When she was done, she wiped off her mouth and attempted to stand. I quickly put my arms around her waist to steady her.

"What happened last night?" She asked groggily.

"You got drunk out of your mind," I replied, helping her back to my bed. "Almost got yourself marked."

I handed her a hangover potion. She quickly drank it.

"Wh...what?" She stuttered. "What happened?"

"You didn't want me to leave and I wouldn't stay because I didn't want you to freak out in the morning. Well you didn't let me leave and talked about how you wouldn't mind and you've liked me anyway. You ended up kissing me and it turned to making out. If I hadn't come to my senses you would have been marked," I explained. "Even made my fangs show. They haven't gone back yet."

She moved forward and touched my face.

"Can I see them?" She asked quietly.

"Their not completely out yet," I said before pushing my lip up a bit and letting her see the large fangs.

"Merlin," she breathed. "That's only the tips of them?"

I let go of my lip.

"Yeah," I replied.

She looked a bit worried.

"Do you know how big they are?" She asked.

"Bigger than vampire fangs," I replied.

She grimaced. I watched as she gently pushed up my lip and looked intently at my fangs. She moved on my lap so she could see my fangs better.

She was so close to me. Her lips inches from mine.

I felt my fangs come in a bit making Hermione shriek and fall off the bed. I started laughing as Hermione got off the floor.

"Did I do that?" She asked, sitting back down.

"Yup."

"That's so weird," she muttered, looking at my fangs again.

I smiled a bit at her curiosity. She jumped when there was a knock at the door.

"You're really jumpy," I stated. "Come in!"

Mother popped her head in.

"Just checking in," she said, looking at Hermine. "What are you guys up to?"

"I'm looking at Draco's fangs," Hermione replied.

Mother stepped in the room and walked up to me.

"Already?!" She asked, pulling up my lip. "That's insane! What did you do to make it happen this fast?" She asked Hermione.

"Ask him! I was drunk last night!" Hermione replied, pointing at me.

"Honestly mother, I almost marked her!" I stated. "She couldn't keep her hands to herself!"

Hermione blushed.

"Shouldn't have gotten me drunk," she retorted.

"I told you you should stop," I stated.

"Yet you did nothing to stop me," she smirked. "Your fault Malfoy."

Mother rolled her eyes.

"Be careful, try not to let them out until she's ready to be marked, if she will even let you mark her," Mother said. "The fangs don't go back until you've marked her."

Mother left without another word. I looked at Hermione, she was thinking.

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?" She asked absently.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"What I'm going to do," she replied.

"About what?"

"Our situation," she muttered.

"And you have concluded?" I asked.

I felt her nervousness.

"I'm not going to let you die, but I'm not ready to be marked. And I..." She took a deep breath, "I promise you will mark me before your birthday."

I did the first thing that came to mind; I kissed her. She surprisingly kissed me back. When I pulled back she had a big smile.

"Don't make me regret it," she whispered.

"I won't," I promised.

She jumped again when two owls flew through the window. One went to her and one to me.

She wiped open the letter and screamed.

"I'm head girl!"

"That's amazing Hermione!" I said, kissing her.

I then opened my letter, expecting it to be a ban from Hogwarts, instead, a small badge dropped into my hand with the letter. The head boy badge.

"I'm head boy," I muttered.

Hermione smiled.

"Looks like we're going to Hogwarts."

Hermione~ later

I quickly woke, fear coursing through my veins. I realized it was Draco. I rushed off the bed and to the room next door.

When I opened the door, I felt my heart hurt. His sadness hit me hard. He had tears streaming down his cheeks and was gripping his chest.

He's dreaming about rejection.

I quickly moved forward and laid next to him. I put my arms around him, and watched as he instantly relaxed. The tears stopped, and his arms went right around me. He opened his eyes before holding me tighter.

He was trembling slightly as he held me.

"Shh, it's alright now, you're alright now," I whispered softly.

He started to calm down a bit so I stroked his cheek.

"Hermione," he said shakily.

"I'm right here Dragon," I replied, on instinct.

It  wasn't long, before we fell asleep in each other's arms, Draco purring intently.