Chapter 6

Hermione

I slowly opened my eyes to see Malfoy by me. He had his arms
around my waist and was staring at me.

"Malfoy?" I yawned.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Anytime love," he replied.

I felt a lot better than yesterday. I slowly sat up and looked at my arms. Yesterday I had wounds all over, now, they were light scratches. I looked at Malfoy.

"How did they heal so fast?" I asked.

"I'm a Veela, so when your hurt, the closer you are to me, the faster you heal. It's the same for me. If I'm hurt and I'm near you, I will heal fifty times as fast," he explained. "You let me cuddle all night, so you healed."

"Oh... That makes sense... I'm going to go shower," I muttered, sitting up.

In a split second his arms were around my waist and I was lying beside him.

"Malfoy, I need to shower," I groaned, trying to pull away.

He tightened his hold and buried his face in my hair. I made a frustrated sound when he started purring. I started to relax, against my will, into his embrace.

"Stay with me love," he whispered in my ear.

"Malfoy, I need to shower," I muttered.

"Can I join you?" He smirked.

I tried to get away again, to no avail.

"No."

"Then say my name," he said.

"Malfoy. Now let me go!" I growled.

"My first name," he corrected.

"Never."

"Then what if I..." He said before tickling me.

Through all the laughs and squeals I never once said his name. It wasn't long before I broke free and bolted out the door.

I dashed down the hall and into the living room. I quickly hid behind the couch and watched as Malfoy ran into the room.

Draco

I gave her a head start before I dashed after her. I followed her scent to the living room and knew exactly where she was hiding. Without warning, I jumped behind the couch and caught her.

I put my arms around her so she couldn't escape before pressing my lips to hers. She gasped against my lips before melting into the kiss. I smirked a bit when she kissed back.

It was about a minute before I pulled back. I rested my forehead on hers and stroked her cheek. Her face was red and she was out of breath.

"Malfoy," she whispered.

"It's Draco," I corrected in the same tone.

"Draco," she corrected.

"Hermione," I whispered.

I suddenly felt a wave of happiness. It took me a moment to realize it wasn't mine, but Hermione's. I was confused. Her emotions changed rapidly as she opened her eyes and moved away from me. Fear and confusion at the top.

"Malfoy, what the heck is going on?!" She asked.

She was starting to panic.

"Hermione, calm down," I said in a failed attempt of calming my mate.

"Why should I bloody calm down?!" She yelled. "I can feel what you feel!"

"Love, calm down, it's a Veela thing," I said softly.

She calmed down a bit.

"Why... Would we need to feel each other's emotion?" She asked, trying to calm herself down.

I gently pulled her into my arms. She instantly relaxed.

"It's so when you're in danger, I can feel your fear or bravery... Probably the latter but you get the point," I replied.

She nodded a bit. She was a lot calmer now in my arms. I was honestly amazed how much a hug effected her.

"I still need to shower," she muttered.

"Can I-"

"No, no you can't," she replied. "Now where is a shower?"

I sighed dramatically.

"There's a bathroom attached to your room," I said, still not letting her go.

"Malfoy, let me go," she ordered.

I held her tighter, just to be like that.

"Malfoy," she groaned. "Lemme go."

Without warning, I picked her up bridal style. She squealed loudly and struggled to get away.

"Malfoy! Put me down this instant!"

"What did I tell you about my name?" I asked, carrying her to her room.

"Oh, sorry... I forgot Ferret," she said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and walked into her room. I smirked at her before throwing her on the bed. She glared at me and got up. I watched as she went to the bathroom and slammed it on her way in.

Hermione

I quickly stripped down and stepped into the shower. I instantly relaxed under the hot water.

This is my first shower in over three weeks...

I laughed to myself. I stayed in the shower for an hour before I forced myself to get out. I wrapped myself in a large towel and hesitantly opened the bathroom door.

I slowly stepped out and looked at Draco. One look at me and his eyes turned black. I went strait to the cupboard and grabbed an outfit. When I turned back around, I was face to face with Draco.

"Wow," I laughed nervously, "you move really fast."

I tried to walk back to the bathroom but he grabbed my bare shoulders. Fear coursed through my veins. I knew very well what a Veela was capable of, what they are support to do.

My fear seemed to snap him out of it because he released my shoulders and shoved me into the bathroom. I quickly got dressed and came back out.

I didn't even see him coming when he wrapped his arms around me.

"Never do that again," he whispered in my ear.

"I...I won't," I stuttered.

"You better not, it physically hurt me to turn away, and especially to shove you in the bathroom, away from me," he complained.

I let him pull me to the bed and laid down. I knew he wouldn't do anything now that he's calmed down. He laid next to me and moved so we were facing each other.

Draco

"Hermione, can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, so yes."

"Well... How long has Ronald been hurting you?" I asked.

I obviously hit a soft spot because I felt a bunch of her emotions turn sad or nervous.

"That was the first time," she replied quickly, too quickly.

I felt her guilt and nervousness. She was lying.

"Hermione," I said softly. "You can tell me."

"I just did," she replied.

"Love, I know you're lying," I told her.

She his her face in the pillow before I got her muffled answer.

"Since the war."