Chapter 13

Hermione

I slowly woke with a sharp pain in my neck. I looked around and realized I was snuggled up with Draco. The smile on my face was huge. Draco was okay.

"Draco!" I whisper yelled, poking his cheek. "Draco!"

"Hermione?" He yawned, opening his eyes.

He instantly shot up when he saw me.

"You're awake!" He cheered.

"You're alive!" I smiled hugging him.

I winced when my neck rubbed against his. He pushed me back a bit and kissed me. I gasped in pain when his hand touched my neck. He quickly pulled back.

"I'm sorry love I didn't mean to," he rushed.

"It's alright," I replied.

He suddenly had a look in his eyes, as if he realized something.

"Hermione, sit still for a moment and close your eyes," he ordered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just trust me," he replied.

I hesitantly closed my eyes. I felt him get closer until his mouth was on my neck. I gasped at his sudden action. He gently licked the wound and the pain slowly ebbed away. He pulled back and smiled at me.

"Better?"

"Yeah," I replied, touching my neck.

"You'll get used to it eventually," he told me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, most Veela don't only mark their mate once, they just have to do it at least once before their birthday," he stated.

I nodded, unsure of what to say.

His face went grim.

"McGonagall wanted to talk to us," he stated.

I sighed.

"What did you do?"

"McGonagall will tell you, let's go," he replied, picking me up.

"Draco, I can walk," I laughed.

"I know, I like carrying you," he replied. "It makes you closer to me."

I cuddled into his shoulder.

"Alright... Are you going to tell me what you did?" I asked.

He tensed a bit.

"Hermione, before I tell you, you need to understand that I didn't have control over myself. He hurt me and my mate and made me mark you so early and-"

"Draco, calm down," I said as he dropped me.

I caught myself on my feet and tried to calm him.

"Draco, I understand.. What did you do?" I asked softly.

"I killed him. I killed Ron," he replied.

I froze, my mouth open, my eyes wide. I felt a wave of sadness. Ron was my friend for seven years. I liked him before all the bad he had done.

"Hermione?" Draco asked softly. "I'm sorry... He hurt you and me and I couldn't help it."

"I know Dragon," I replied quietly, "it was his fault, not yours."

He nodded, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back for a moment before leading him to McGonagall's office.

~*~*~

We sat in McGonagall's office. Narcissa and Lucius had come too. Draco and I both explained our sides of the story.

"I have already spoke with the minister about this subject," McGonagall started. "We have come to an agreement. If you two are expelled from Hogwarts, then you won't face larger punishment, larger trials, Azkaban, and that such."

I gasped.

"Expelled?!"

"I'm afraid so... I can't have the risk of another student getting hurt. I have already sent your bags to Malfoy Manor," she said.

I felt terrible. All that work, just to be expelled. Heads status and everything.

"Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy, you are officially expelled," she stated.

I felt a hundred emotions at once. Without a word, I walked to the floo, and flooed to my parents old house.

Draco

I stood up just before she flooed away. I turned to McGonagall.

"Thanks for allowing me to come back," I said before shouting the same address as Hermione.

Her emotions were everywhere. I stepped out of the ash. I heard angry grumbling and small crashing sounds. The house looked empty except a light in the back of the house.

I followed it and leaned on the doorway. Hermione had a small suitcase with an expanding charm and she was throwing everything in the room in it.

This must be where Hermione grew up.

I looked around. It was a small room, purple walls, twin bed. Simple. After she got all the clothes she grabbed the comforter.

"We've got plenty of blankets at the house," I stated, scaring her by mistake.

She jumped and her back hit the wall.

"Bloody Malfoy!" She groaned. "Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry love," I replied, helping her steady.

"And I want this blanket. I've had it since I was little," she told me, stuffing it in her suitcase. "You can help me pack."

I nodded and grabbed everything off the dresser.

~*~*~

Dinner at Malfoy Manor was quiet. Hermione didn't want to talk, so she didn't. Mother and Father were shocked that we'd gotten expelled.

I shoveled food into my mouth and watched Hermione pick at hers. Once I finished eating I grabbed a fork and got Hermione's food. I held it in front of her mouth.

"Eat."

"Draco, I'm not a-" I cut her off by shoving the food in her mouth.

She gave me the nastiest glare and father had to pull a fake cough to cover his laugh. I smirked at her and got more food on the fork.

"Eat," I repeated.

She glared at me and snatched the fork.

"Draco," Mother said.

"Yes Mum?" I asked.

I never called her Mum before. She grinned for a moment before it turned to worry.

"Hermione, could you please excuse us?" She asked.

Hermione nodded and picked at her food again. I followed mother to the sitting room.

"Draco, how long ago did you mark her?" She asked.

"Yesterday, at seven thirty five," I replied, confused as to why I knew the exact moment.

"Draco, keep an eye on her tonight. The marking has side affects. She will get sick sometime later tonight. Just keep her close and she'll sleep through the fever," she told me.

"She's gonna get sick?! What kind of sick?!" I asked, panicked.

"Draco, calm down. It's nothing to serious. It just has fever and a really bad headache. Her body still has to get used to the Veela venom," she said. "Just keep her close and she'll likely sleep through it."