Chapter 14

Draco

I made Hermione eat every bite of her food before leading her back to our room. We moved all her stuff into my room earlier so we could be together.

She went to the bathroom to change into pjs while I got dressed in the room. I ditched the shirt and got under the covers so she wouldn't notice until she was already in my arms. I smirked to myself and waited for her to come out.

When she came out she slid under the covers.

"Ugh, today has been a- Draco, where's your shirt?" She asked, when I put my arms around her.

"I don't know," I replied, gently nuzzling into her neck.

"Draco," she gasped, "the mark still hurts."

I gently moved my head off the mark.

"Sorry love," I muttered.

Surprisingly, she snuggled up to me a bit more.

"You should get some sleep," I muttered, fearing the 'sickness.'

She nodded but didn't close her eyes.

"I can't believe we got expelled," she muttered.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Hermione did the same but I didn't fall asleep. She slowly passed out so I opened my eyes.

~*~*~

It was an hour or so before I felt a change in Hermione's temperature. She was burning up. I cuddled her closer, trying to keep her asleep.

It wasn't long before she started to sweat. I pulled the blanket off of us but stayed cuddled up to her. Mother walked in to check on us. She scowled when she saw I was shirtless but quickly ignored it.

"How is she doing?" She asked.

"She's really hot," I replied, almost laughing at how that sounded. "She's making me sweat."

"Just make sure she stays asleep," Mother said. "Both your father and I had to go through that because we both have Veela blood. It should last a few hours but if she wakes up, it's literally torture."

I looked at Hermione. I was worried. She suddenly jerked in my arms, startling both me and Mother. She hissed in pain and tightly gripped my shoulder. I tried to ignore the nails digging into my skin.

"Headaches," Mother muttered. "I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep her asleep all night."

I nodded and held her head to my bare chest, stroking her hair.

"Try to get some sleep," Mother said before leaving the dark room.

"I'm sorry Hermione," I whispered.

I slowly closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

~*~*~

When I woke up, it was still night. Hermione had tear stains on her cheeks and still had a fever. I gently stroked her cheek and looked at the clock. It was only four. Hermione didn't seem to be in pain anymore but I couldn't be sure. I couldn't feel this for some reason.

I tried to keep her close when she shifted. Her eyes fluttered for a moment when she shifted again. She held her head and pressed her eyes tightly shut.

"Draco? Geez my head!" She moaned.

"Shh, go back to sleep," I whispered, holding her tighter.

"Crap! What is this! Ugh!" She yelled.

"Love, calm down, you'll only make it worse," I pleaded.

I held her to my chest and stroked her hair.

"Why does it hurt?! It feels like I'm running a two hundred degree fever!" She whined into my chest.

My heart ached. She was hurting.

"Love, your body has to get used to the Veela venom," I told her. "It's only a little longer."

"I thought passing out was getting used to it," she said quieter, trying to calm the headache.

"No, the sleep was so your body wouldn't shut down with the venom, this is your body accepting it," I stated.

"Geez this hurts!" She moaned.

I heard running footsteps outside the door. Mother opened the door and came in with a potion. Hermione groaned and pressed her palms to her eyes.

"Draco, give this to her. It might help the pain," Mum whispered, handing me the potion.

"Hermione, drink this," I muttered.

Hermione opened her mouth so I poured the potion in her mouth. It was a few minutes before the pain obviously got worse. 

Hermione started cursing loudly. Mother sat at the end of the bed and Father stood in the doorway.

We waited it out.

~*~*~

Two hours and forty six minutes before the pain stopped. Hermione was panting, still snuggled up to me.

"Draco," she breathed. "I think it's... I think it's over."

Mum and dad went back to their room a while ago so I kissed Hermione. When I pulled back she sat up.

"I think I'm gonna go shower," she said so quietly, if I hadn't been listening, I wouldn't have heard it.

"Alright love," I replied.

She took worlds longest shower and took her time getting dressed.

"Wanna get breakfast?" I asked her, offering my arm.

She linked our arms and nodded.

"Let's go then."

~*~*~

Mum and Father looked up when we walked in.

"Hermione, how are you feeling?" Mum asked.

"I'm alright now," she replied quietly as I pulled out her chair.

She gracefully sat down and I took the seat beside her.

"You did a lot better than either of us. We were screaming 'I hate yous' at each other all night," Father stated.

"Is it done now, all the Veela venom stuff?" She asked.

"Yes."

Hermione sighed in relief. I could feel how happy that one word made her.

She started to eat her food, to which I was glad, and kept the conversation going.