Work Day

7 am sharp the alarm rang, waking me from my slumber. I groaned, but I didn't complain- I had done enough of that. I grabbed a pair of shorts, an oversized T-shirt, and some gym shoes. I got dressed quickly and grabbed a pop tart but before I got to take a bite out of the delectable snack, there was a hard knock on my new room door. 

"Come on! No time for that, you have training today." Xavier's mom said snatching it out of my hand, throwing it down, and dragging me from the room.

I had to jog to keep up with her walk, but I mean what did I expect she was nothing but long pretty legs, they all were- tall. When she opened the back doors to the house, I was kinda shocked. I mean come on! It was no secret that I didn't wanna be here, and now they give me "training" outside- where there is nothing but trees to get lost in.

The instant my skin touched the sun, I moaned in delight. Ah, freedom. 

I know I just ran away 2 days ago but, damn I still missed the feeling of free will and choice, but I guess now that Xavier has removed himself from my life its a little more bearable.

Xavier's mom gently placed a kiss on my cheek when we finally reached our destination. She told me to be safe and left me with this buff looking guy. He was bald, the only hair in his name besides pubic was a nicely trimmed moustache. He had a name card on his shirt, "Ty"

"Ah, and you must be the Lun-"

"Carla" I corrected "I am not your Luna,"I said with pure distaste, the instructors face scrunched up upon hearing my voice.

"Very well, Carla. If you can not already tell I will be your fighting instructor as of now. I will train you on Mondays and Thursdays for 2 hours, from 7:30 am - 9:30 am. As of right now, I'll like to start you off with the basics and maybe stretch a little, is that okay with you Luna?" 

I rolled my eyes at that word and how freely it drifted from his lips as if it belonged there. Luna.

"Yeah, sure Tyler," I said giving him a half smile. "Oh no, my names Ty" He said pointing to his name tag.

"and mines is Carla, mutt," I said a bit annoyed, bumping his shoulder, I moved to another area to stretch. 

"Very well Carla, you wanted to be treated like a human so be it," Ty said, he wore a coy smile that kinda frightened me "Don't stretch, run. I want 5 laps, and be back in 15 minutes or else."

At first, I didn't take him literally. Then he began to add more and at 7, I started jogging. He yelled for me to pick up speed but I didn't even run in high school when I had to for a grade. I was on my 4th lap when I noticed I was being chased by a mutt. My heart began to pound in my ears, and my adrenaline began to work on overdrive. I screamed for help until my voice became raw, and you would too if you saw a 5ft dog, with 2-inch teeth growling at you and shit.

I ran faster than I had ever before and that included my last escape. I fell over some invisible tree branch and tumbled a little before I landed at the foot of my brilliant instructor. "Alright James, thanks for giving my trainy a little motivation. There were multiple amounts of laughter, people had gathered around to see me run in fear. I looked up through the strands of my hair, pure anger radiating off of me, "Glad I could amuse you guys." I said through gritted teeth as I stood and limped back over to the mansion I had come from. "We are not done with my session, human, you have not been dismissed-" "Fuck you." I said not stopping or altering my direction, "The alpha will not be happy." Ty said I could sense his smile as he slowly allowed the words to gracefully slip from his mouth. "Fuck his bitch ass too." I snatched a purple spray paint bottle from a little mutt, telling him to suck it, I never felt so alive.