Chapter Nineteen

"We needed this, I think," I whisper, wrapped in the warm limbs of this gorgeous Italian. I caress his cheek, head rested against his chest.

"The vacation?"

I nod, dazedly.

"It worries me that we needed it so soon after meeting each other," he confesses, softly. I look up at him, resting my chin over his heart as his hand slides down the curve of my spine.

"A lot has happened."

"Yes, it has."

I stare at him. "I think that what has happened is a good thing. Do you?"

"In what regard? Meeting you? Of course, Em. You know how I feel about that."

"Meeting me, yes... but we are dating right? Exclusively? I mean, I know we haven't known each other long but-"

"A week ago, I would have said I'd never want just one woman..." he murmurs as I rest my forehead against his cheek tenderly. "That's not what I want anymore."

"You want me," I state, wanting to hear it.

"Yes, very much."

I giggle, feeling the evidence on my inner thigh, running my fingers through his hair. "I can see that."

He smirks and in a swift movement flips me so that I'm beneath him, staring up into his passionate eyes. I laugh again as he kisses my cheek then my jaw, moving lower enthusiastically.

"I'm just saying... we should probably leave this cabin at least once during our trip, right?" I bite my lip as he pulls down the comforter, shaking his head.

"There's no where I want to be but inside you," he professes darkly and I give into him completely. I give him everything.

* * * *

"If I have to endure one more tea gathering on this show, I'm going to go crazy," Matteo complains, setting down his book onto his lap with a thud. I roll my eyes, smirking.

"It's a movie, first of all." I laugh. "You don't like Austen?"

"Not this one."

"Persuasion is wonderful," I admonish. "You're not giving it a chance."

"It's sappy when it shouldn't be. It just doesn't make sense to me."

"Why?"

"Well, she goes against her heart for the sake of her family, becoming a spinster and pining for a man, who ultimately treats her like shit when he sees her next because she didn't marry him when he was poor."

"He's upset with her but he loves her still. You can see it."

"When?" he questions, gesturing to the screen. "He's courting another girl in front of her!"

I smile, lifting my head from the pillow. "Did you just say courting?"

He glares, rolling his eyes and picks up his book. I press my hand onto his book and he looks at me. I bite my lip.

"Let's go for a drive."

He looks at the clock. "Now? It's almost sundown."

"So? Let's live a little, see the sights..." I smile wide. "We can be back before sundown if we leave now?"

He leans down, pressing his lips to mine softly. "Get dressed."

* * * *

We exit the diner hand in hand, turning onto the small street, complete with only a tax return office and billiard pub. There's barely anyone on the streets now, the sun is setting. It seems in small towns like these, everyone makes it back up the mountains before the sun sets.