CH2: The fall part 1

~Marisa~

I felt a big tremor as a big silhouette appeared outside the wall.
It was a Titan.
I was in utter shock.
It peered over the wall and to us.

The skinless Titan grasped the wall with its hand and kicked it.

Bits of cement and debris flew everywhere, causing a wind to blow in every direction, getting people injured.

A silhouette came out of the shadows from the hole in the wall. It was another Titan, but shorter. It had so many teeth, and was marching through the town. Every one was screaming, I was about to run as well but then I realised something, Anna. I stopped in my tracks and went the other way. It was hard, because everyone was pushing and shoving.

I've got to get her out of there...

I chanted in my head over and over again.
Once I reached my house I was relieved to see my sister standing in the door way, confused at what was happening.
"Marisa? What's going on?" She said as she looked at the gigantic hole in the wall in which more Titans were coming in.
"Anna! The Titans! Hurry!" I shouted as I ran towards her and grabbed her by the hand. Anna was more shocked than ever. "Titans? No it can't be," she said, denying the fact, "they haven't broken into the wall for 100 years!". I dismissed her comment as it was obvious that Titans are now in Shigashina.
We ran past so many people, it was a speed of colours and blood. Some people were injured, some were running and crying and some were...its best if I don't say. Garrisons were all over the place, but they were fleeing. Why didn't they go help the citizens?
We had to get away, but where? We ran for another minute before an imminent force showed up.
Suddenly I felt a shadow loom across me. It was a Titan. It's countless teeth that made my spine tingle and my hair rise up on my neck.
It advanced towards us, it's grimy hands reaching for us as its meal. We ran, that's all we did, but it wasn't enough as another titan showed up, it was 2 times as big as the one chasing after us. No this can't be happening! Thoughts whizzed around my head as the Titans cornered us. Is this the end?

The titan on our left swung it's fist at us. I panicked and shut my eyes. I felt an impact, the next thing I new I was lying on my side on the stone floor. I was thrown to the side. What was happening?

I opened my eyes to see my sister lying on the ground, blood was oozing from her head, making a pool of blood around her. My heart skipped a beat. Anna?
The titan from before reached out its arm to grab her lifeless body. Helpless anger boiled inside me and I screamed at it.
"NO!" I ran towards her body and held her.
Her face was pale and her breaths were short and rushed. I heard the other titan come towards us. Was this the end? I thought as I held her.
Suddenly I heard the sound of metal zips and someone landing beside us. I looked up to see a garrison with a hard expression and messy black hair.
In a flash I was grabbed by the waist and lifted off the ground, away from Anna's body as the Titans got our attention for a split second before looking down and walking towards her body. I looked up to see a garrison with a hard expression and messy black hair.
"What are you doing? You should've been evacuated!" I shouted, as the Titans neared us. The girl grabbed my jacket and pleaded.
"Please save my sister...please I don't know what to do!"
Tears streamed down her face as she cried in desperation, her injured sister slowly opened her eyes and started to open her mouth.
"You...garrison," Anna said in a struggle, "Get her out of here, please,"
"What! No! I'm not leaving you!" I said as I gripped her hands. But she shook her head and looked at the soldier with a strong gaze.
"Please, promise me, get her out of here, hurry!"
The garrison was clearly troubled and did not move.
I could hear the Titans coming towards us but I cannot and will not abandon anna, if we die,we die together.
"Marisa," An a said in a strange tone. I quickly looked down and replied.
"Yes Anna?"
"I'm sorry, I'm gonna drag you guys down, forgive me,"
"What are you saying?"
"Live on, make me happy, if you die I won't forgive you-"
As soon she finished her words she immediately wrenched out of my grasp and pushed me towards the garrison, she looked at me with a determined expression.
"GO! NOW!"
I heard someone cuss quietly and I was grabbed by the waist, it all happened so quickly as we were lifted off the ground.
I felt the titan's tremors behind me, there was a sickening squelching sound and then all was silent. The sound was horrible, it was like a huge bell rang in my ears. Anna, no.
It can't be.

We landed onto a neat by roof, I couldn't process what was happening, why did she have to die. Why didn't...I die instead?
I sent punches to the garrisons chest as I screamed and yelled about why he didn't save my sister.

"I hate you! Go die!" I screamed recklessly, suddenly he grabbed my wrists and stopped my movements.
"Let go of me!"
"Didn't you hear her?" He said.
I shook my head quickly and tried to shake out of his grasp.
"No! She was...alive!"
"She wanted you to live,"
"But she was right there! You could've, you should've-" my voice broke as I cried again.

"I made a promise to your sister, but if you have another choice," He said in a bland tone, "You either come with me or die."

The words hit me like a boulder.
I stayed silent and looked at the ground.
Today was her birthday, how...how could this happen, it's not fair! I was going to give her the card I made, I was really excited to get the book I wanted. We were going to spend some time together as a family, she was the only family member I had.

My heart beat so fast in my chest I thought it'd burst out.

In all honesty, I wanted to die.
Anna was gone. What do I have to live for?
It was all my fault she died, she was killed because she was trying to protect me. It was all me, my fault and only mine.

In an instant I felt emotionally exhausted to the max. Dry tears hung into my cheek as my vision suddenly blurred and the world turned a 180 degree flip. Darkness consumed my mind as I could feel my eyelids droop and close.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I is a potato
My neck hurts.