chapter 3: Just for 2 months

*unedited so it contains lots of grammar mistakes*

I glared at the man who sat opposite me. His elbow resting on his knees as he sat leaning forward. His eyes dug into mine as he waited for me to respond.

"Do I look like a gold digger to you?" I asked with sass in my tone. His eyes scanned me carefully.

I shut my eyes closed. I felt Liam moving and my eyes snapped open to meet his light brown eyes. His body hovered over mine and I uncomfortably squirmed under him.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. A sly smile was playing on his lips as he enjoyed teasing me. "Do you really want me to answer that?" He asked cockily.

I frowned "don't..answer that" I muttered between gritted teeth.

My attire wasn't exactly shouting 'normal girl'. I blame Adrian.

"Can you stop? We're not that close" I snapped referring to the fact that he was practically on top of me.

He frowned.

"but we're engaged" he chuckled. I glared at him

"fake engaged" I corrected him.

He opened his mouth to speak only to be disrupted by the door which flung open and Julie came in. Liam almost tripped over as he moved away from me. Our posture looked wrong, too wrong

"Oh my" Julie shrieked "I should have knocked" she giggled covering her mouth.

I stood up from my chair "it's not like that!" I said trying to justify myself "he was just-"

"I don't think my mom needs to know that" Liam cleared his throat, cutting me off. He sneakily winked at me. This jerk.

"Ah right, everyone's waiting for you both" she said "I'll wait outside".

She stepped out, closing the door behind her. I snapped my head towards Liam

"you're such a jerk" I huffed "now she's going to think we did something!"

He snorted "so? We're engaged. That's what engaged couples do".

"Uh you're clearly forgetting that we aren't a couple and I never agreed to it".

He laughed drily "you did the moment you said yes"

I blew out a heavy sigh. There was no way I could get through this idiots rock hard brain. He picked his blazer and threw it on.

"Come on" he said holding his hand out.

I rolled my eyes.

"no thanks"

I walked out with him trailing behind me.

"You're so sassy" he whispered with a grunt. I sneakily flipped him off. I felt him poke me in annoyance.

"Ah Adeline, you should meet the family" Julie announced as a group of people surround us. I nudged Liam.

"I can't do this" I whispered to him. He groaned as I accidentally hit him in the rib. Not that he didn't deserved it.

"You cause so much trouble" he murmured under his breath but I heard him and nudged him harder. He grabbed my arm to stop me from breaking his ribs, which I was aiming for.

"What do you want me to do?" He whispered back as some random people started to introduce themselves to me.

"Make a damn lie up!" I hissed at him.

He sighed in frustration "sorry" Liam began as he cleared his throat "but Adelines not feeling good so I'm taking her home".

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out through the crowd as they all complained. I sighed in relief.