chapter 16: hurt feelings and about to kill him

Their eyes lingered around me as small snickers escaped their lips.

"Shut up" I hissed, drinking a glass of orange juice whilst everyone else drank alcohol.

Julie insisted I drink juice to keep myself healthy. We all know she's secretly hoping and praying that I'm pregnant and just wants to keep the baby safe 'in case'

"You look good" Jasper said, nodding his head in approval.

"Thanks" I flatly say.

The guys continued to hang around me whilst Liam went to say hello. It was our 'announcement' party and I'm still wondering why I didn't move to another country.

I tried to escape this but Liam's grandfather wouldn't have it. I even tried to sneak out of my house at 4am but his security guard was watching me from his car.

I sighed as I placed the glass down and tugged on my dress which was hugging my body tight enough to cut off all my oxygen.

My eyes sneaked a peak at Liam who looked irresistible tonight. He wore a suit with white shirt and a bow tie. His hair was smooth slicked back which brought out his eyes. 

My eyes scanned him, dreadfully slow.

"You suck at covering up" Jasper snorts, breaking my trance.

I sigh. "I know, I need to work on it"

And besides, I'm allowed to check out  my soon to be husband.

"Soo" Asher mumbled, trying to make conversation "you and Liam huh?"

I just nodded.

"Marriage is a big step" William said.

I snort. Exactly why I don't want this.

"You'll be with each other forever"

Oh hell no. I can't bare to be with him for 5 minutes nevermind a lifetime

"Children"

The only person I'm having children with is Damon.

"No" I say, causing the boys to raise eyebrows "n..not yet"

I cough trying to cover it all up. They just shrugged with a nod. My eyes caught a familiar looking girl and I took the chance to slip away from the guys and towards her.

"Ava-"

I was rudely cut of by a strong pair of arms wisking me away. I backtrack as I realise Liam dragging me to the stairs where he was about to make the announcement.

"No no no no" I utter, holding me heels down. I ain't ready for this, heck I won't be ready for another 6 years.

"Yes yes yes" Liam hummed, pulling me to the staircase. I could feel the eyes darting towards us as we stood in the middle.

I tried to hide behind Liam but that jerk pulled me besides him instead. He slipped his hand around me and smiled as people gathered.

"Thank you all for coming" he began "I'd like you all to meet my fiancée"

He glanced at me and I gave him a horrified look. He stiffened a laugh and continued to speak.

"Adeline Carter"

People clapped and I smiled awkwardly with a nod. Liam leaned forward and placed a kiss on my cheek. He then went for a kiss and I dodged it.

His eyes widen in shock as he grit his teeth "why you-"