chapter 7: failed fake relationship

*unedited so it contains lots of grammar mistakes*

Liam's eyes flickered to mine. He licked his lips before wrapping his hand around my head.

"alright, lets kiss" he announces before leaning forward, puckering his lips ready to kiss me. I roll my eyes and smash my forehead against his, causing him to wince in pain. "Jesus Adeline, are you trying to make me have a concussion?" he grunted rubbing the bruise.

I glare at him, "you don't just announce that you're going to kiss me" I told him, as I peaked behind him to see them staring at us. I sighed pulling Liam forward and placing my lips on his. He was taken by surprise at first but then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "I didn't realise you wanted me this bad" Liam mumbled, in between the kiss as I could feel his lips forming into a smirk.

"you wish" I snap back at him with an annoyed expression.

The lights flicker on and the group of people screamed "surprise" whilst pulling the party poppers. I pull away from Liam's embrace and display a huge smile "wow" I fake a gasp as Julie approaches me.

"Were you surprised?" She asks, gleaming with happiness as her eyes flicker to me and Liam. Unfortunately, this wasn't much of a surprise since Asher had the biggest gob so he accidentally let it slip that he was attending our 'surprise' engagement party later today.

"No not-" Liam began and I stamp on his foot to shut him up and smile at Julie "of course!"

I couldn't let him break her heart so I broke his foot instead

Liam winced in pain as his arm drop to my waist before he slapped me on the butt. A small squeal escaped my lips as the whole room went silent and I closed my eyes with a sigh. I've been through some embarrassing things in my life but after meeting Liam, my whole life became an embarrassment.

The laughter's of Liam's friends filled my ears and I glared at the grown men laughing like children. "I fucking hate you" I whispered to Liam, who turned his head and smiled innocently. "I love you too baby"

Julie, awkward and surprised smacked her son upside down at the back of his head. "Keep your hands to yourself!" She tutted.

"Mom!" Liam groaned and I stuck my tongue out at him. He deserved that

Once again I was dragged by Julie to meet more of their never ending family. I finally had some time to myself and sneaked over to the alcohol section. I picked up a glass and pressed it against my lip only for it to be taken away.

"You're too young for that" a familiar voice spoke as they came to view. Christopher

"Chris" I muttered, with an unwelcoming tone "Adeline" he says with a hint of amusement in his. Christopher and I aren't exactly on best of terms since he tried to kiss me the last time I saw him. Liam had no clue and I didn't have the heart to tell him. Besides, I was his fake Fiancée so it doesn't count right?

"Still mad?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "About what?" I reply, pretending that the almost 'kiss' never happened. He frowned and leaned forward,leaving me no space to breath. "Would you like a reminder?" His cocky attitude was beginning to show.

"Of an unfortunate night? No thank you" I say, pushing him away. He chuckled and drank his glass of wine, reminding me that I couldn't have mine. I decided to take this chance and slip away from him. My eyes caught Liam, leaving through the exist door.

I follow after him which lead to a car park. "where are you going?" I asked, popping up behind him giving him a little fright. "Jesus" He moaned, holding his heart in his hand. I smiled cheekily and he flickered my forehead "don't do that"