Chapter 3

A/N Ok, so I'm going to switch up PoV for this chapter. Tell me if you guys want me to keep switching up the perspectives every once in a while.

Disclaimer, I don't own the Mortal Instruments characters, Cassandra Clare does.

Jace PoV

Ugh, math. Why did I have to have the most boring subject in the world first period? Even worse than the subject was the lesson. We were working with polynomials, puzzling out some of the strangest equations I'd ever seen. The only decent part started halfway through class.

Mrs. Wilson was droning on, her monotone voice sounding even less expressive than normal today. I had already tuned out about ten minutes back. She had just started talking about some sort of formula that we should know, when the door burst open. Every head in the room, mine included, turned to stare at the girl who had just entered.

I could have sworn I heard my jaw hit the floor when I saw her. Standing in front of me was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. She was short, with fiery red curls, pulled up behind her head. She was wearing a low-cut top that showed off just enough skin to be attractive, but still tasteful. The ripped skinny jeans she wore hugged her rear perfectly, while the missing patches displayed her pale skin. 

I snapped my mouth shut when I realized she'd started talking, "Hi, I'm Clary Fray. I love art, and I hope to go to college for it next year. I'm new here, obviously, and I transferred from my old school in Michigan."

I had to stop myself from staring at her in wonder when I heard her voice. It was angelic, every syllable rolling from her tongue, never getting tangled with another. I immediately thought of what she must sound like when she's singing! I wondered for a moment if I could get her to audition for our band. We had just lost our lead singer.

"Well now that we know who you are, why don't we find you a seat," Mrs. Wilson said, scrutinizing the room, looking for a place to put Clary. I quietly hoped that she would put her next to me, "Go sit over there. Back row, closest to the door."

I felt a surge of excitement when I realized she would be sitting next to me. I started to panic, wondering how on earth I could get this goddesses attention. After a mental debate I decided introducing myself would probably be a step in the right direction. I waited for a moment after she sat down, not even glancing at her. When I finally turned my head, I noticed her staring at me. God, she was even more beautiful up close. I noticed her right hand twitching, and momentarily wondered why. Then I remembered what I had planned to do. I pasted a smirk on my face, not wanting her to know what I thought of her yet. I took a deep breath and said, "I'm Jace. Jace Herondale."

I mentally cursed myself for a moment. I had sounded so stupid! How could this girl, that I'd never even met before, fluster me so mush that I could barely get a out a single sentence? This line of questioning only lasted a moment before she spoke again, her beautiful voice bringing me out of my stupor. 

"Well you obviously know my name already. Is there anything in particular you want?"

"I'd like it if you'd sit with me and my friends at lunch." The sentence spilled from my lips before I had even consciously thought about it. I cringed in my head, while somehow managing to keep up the cool facade on the outside. She quickly examined my face, seeming to wonder if I was playing a practical joke on her. Her full, pink lips twitched upwards into a sexy smirk to rival my own. 

"Oh, really?" She replied, her voice quiet but playfully sarcastic, "And why should I?"

Crap. This is why I shouldn't speak without thinking. I frantically searched for an answer that didn't relate to the pounding of my heart in my chest or the way everything seemed to freeze when she spoke. My panic must've shown on my face, because after a moment of watching me panic, she slapped my muscled bicep playfully, her eyes glittering in amusement. "Chill out, I'm just teasing. I would love to sit with you at lunch."

I relaxed slightly, a smile coming to my face. I analyzed her words quickly, noticing that she said you not you guys. I wondered if that meant something.

__________________________________________________________

We had had an entire conversation by the end of class, and we were both surprised when the bell rang. We had every class together, aside from art. She was an amazing artist, whereas I couldn't even draw stick figures. We headed out of Math together, keeping up with our line of conversation. It turned out our lockers were right next to each other as well. 

All was well.

When the lunch bell rang, I hurried to our lockers, waiting for Clary to show up. She came up to me after five minutes. I was standing around, leaning on my locker, playing games on my phone. Clary ran up to me, paint splattered on her clothes, hair tumbling down around her shoulders. She somehow looked even better than she had this morning. She smiled up at me, making my heart flutter in my chest. 

We walked into the cafeteria, talking animatedly. I lead her over to our table, seeing everyone already seated. "Hey everyone. I have someone I'd like you to meet..."

___________________________________________________________

So that's it. Remember to leave suggestions and things in the comments. How did you guys like this chapter? Do you like the switched PoV's?

Thanks for reading!