#3 Brendan Gallagher -#11 Montréal Canadiens

You sight heavily looking at the reflection in front of you. You cuffed the bottom of you jeans as you scan your outfit one last time. You hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail, completing your natural makeup that you had matched with a dark burgundy tshirt your favourite jeans. "Y/N! We have to go" Brendan said from the doorway. "Coming!" you shouted back, running down the hall, adjusting your necklace and desperately trying to put on your socks. "Is this ok?" You asked Brendan once you finally found yourself next to him. You were meeting the team for the first time today since you and Brendan started dating and you were obviously nervous. "Sweetie, it's just the guys." He said calmly with a small smile on his face "But if it helps, I think you look beautiful" he added. You didn't say anything but gave him a small peck on the cheek. You grabbed your jacket that was hanging in the closet next to you and put on your boots, ready to face the cold Quebec weather.

What if they don't like me?
What if they think I'm into him for the wrong reasons?

All kind of questions wondered around your head during the car ride to the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The car was silent except for the faint sound of the sports radio that played in the speakers. "Y/N?" Brendan said, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Hello?" "Yes hi sorry, I was distracted" you answered quickly. "Don't worry, they'll love you. I promise." He said gently squeezing your hand, making you feel safe.

"Brendan, Y/N, nice to see you again" Kirk Muller greeted you when you first walked in. You had met him last month as long as the rest of the coaching staff after a check up Brendan attended following his injury. Apart from Alex, they were the only familiar faces there today. "You too coach!" You answered politely with a shy smile. "The guys just finished practice, they should be getting off the ice right about now." Kirk advised heading into the staff room. "Thank you!" Brendan responded, lacing his fingers with yours, leading you to the locker room.

"BOYS!" Brendan shouted heading into the room, alone, with a huge grin plastered on his face. His presence earned him a few cheers and welcome backs from the others. "They're all decent, you can come in" he stated peaking his head out motioning you to enter. "Fellas, i'd like you to meet my beautiful girlfriend Y/N." Brendan said, kissing the top of your hand. A few "Hi Y/N" and "Nice to meet you"'s we're pronounce by the men scattered around the room. Alex Galchenyuk gave you a reassuring smile as everyone seemed to be glued to you and Brendan. "So you're the infamous girl Gally doesn't shut up about" Atturi Lehknonen says from behind causing him to get smack in the chest by your boyfriend. "I better be" you reply giving Brendan a suspicious look, making the whole room crack up. "Oooh trust me you are. He's constantly bringing you up. "Hey this is Y/N's favourite song, do you think Y/N would like this.." Nathan Beaulieu adds causing Brendan to turn a light shade of pink.
"So Y/N are you a hockey fan?" Max Pacioretty questioned, coming in to rescue your embarrassed boyfriend. "Ya! I've been a (Your favourite team)'s fab for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching their games like most of you probably did on Saturday nights." You answered with a huge grin. Instead of answering, he just nodded his head with an impressed look on his face. That made you relax a little. You knew how much the team meant to Brendan and you didn't want to interfere with his 2nd family, and so far, it was smooth sailing.

"Why are you smiley?" You asked once you got back in the car a few hours later, Brendan was grinning from ear to ear. "I adore you." were his only words.

-B❤️