#4 Shea Weber -#6 Montréal Canadiens

You we're getting ready to go out to dinner with you're husband to celebrate your 1 year anniversary. You had a beautiful but some what casual dress on and he looked charming in his suit. You ordered a plate of spaghetti and he had the steak. You talked about maybe starting a family soon. The idea was there but you weren't sure you were totally ready yet. When he asked you how many kids you wanted and you said 2 or 3, his face lit up. He asked if you wanted anything for desert and you said you really wanted to have the cookies you both baked together earlier in the day. He payed for dinner and took your hand as you we're walking to the car. "Boy im lucky to have you" you said as you softly placed a kiss on his cheek, "im luckier" he said with a soft smile. As you we're heading home you noticed the car starting to slip a little, it always happened this time of year in Montreal but it always scared you. You were about to ask Shea what time his practice was tomorrow when you saw a car slipping down the road you were about to pass, you saw your husband brake just as the impact hit. The other car hit yours hard, on the passenger side. Shea calls the ambulance immediately. Ten minutes later you're at the hospital, the doctors said you needed surgery and quick. Luckily Shea only needed a few stitches, he sat in you're room his face in his hands, waiting for you to get out of surgery. One of your doctors was walking in the hall outside of your room, Shea noticed him and quickly rushed over to him. "Is she okay?" he asked his voice cracking. "She'll be in her room soon and I'll come talk to you once she's there." he responded. Your husband sat back down in your room, waiting for what felt like hours, his whole body shaking. A nurse rolled you into the room, Shea stood up right away the worst look of worry on his face. You we're unconscious, tubes in your mouth to help you breathe. At the sight of you, Shea's eyes filled with tears. Unable to speak, he looked at the doctor standing in front of you. Waiting for him to explain, explain why the love of his life wasn't breathing on her own. Shea nodded his head after the doctor finished explaining that the surgery went well but he just had to wait for you to stabilize and wake up. He told your husband that if you didn't wake up in the next 48 hours, you might never wake up. "One moment I was holding her hand, she gave it a little squeeze and then just like that it was gone." Shea said, looking at you. The doctor left, Shea sat next to you holding your hand praying for you to wake up. "Don't give up on me "y/n"." "You can't leave me here. Not without you." "please come back." "you can't give up on me "y/n". ". The machines started beeping, you were breathing on your own now, but still not completely awake. When Shae saw you were breathing on your own, his heart sped up, he had hope. There was hope that you were still there. He held your hand tighter waiting for you to open your eyes. "Come on "y/n", you can do this, come on" his eyes were red from crying so much. "Please "y/n" you have to wake up" "i love you, so much you can't give up on me now, please". "I wouldn't leave you in a million years" you said. Barely being able to open your eyes, you looked over to your husband. He looked at you, his eyes filling up with tears for the last time tonight. "You're talking" "You're talking!" He said a smile forming on his face. I thought I was going to loose you "y/n" he whispered. You squeezed his hand and he gave you a hug. "you're tired, it's been a rough night, get some sleep" he said placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You slowly close your eyes, with your husbands head over your chest you feel safe and suddenly fall asleep.

-laura💞