Life is? || t h r e e

"Life isn't good, at all."

His fingers deliberately taps on the desk, as his eyes shook with intentional fear. The tip of his tongue clicking back and forth, as if he was having an imaginary candy, rolling unto his tongue. He shivered upon the cold breeze from today's weather, realizing that he should've wore thicker fabric of coat.

Today's the day.

He sighed in defeat, standing up as his legs shivered a little, with his hands enveloping inside his pockets, leaving his coffee half-empty, to cool down as the door opens for his departure.

He silently walked over the empty side walk, knowing how people avoided the cold weather, a reason why no one was walking around for so long. His breathe hitches upon the cold air hitting into his skin. He coughed a little, choking a little as he decided to climb into a roof top of a certain building that was unknown, yet open.

A curse escaped his lips for a while, his fingers almost snapping into twice than its normal count because of the freezing.

Looking around, his fingers finally found a cold stained blade inside his pocket, before he reveals it by bringing the small but dangerous thin steel to just mingle with the cold air. "I've never been so scared and happy at the same time." Gulping down his voice, he rolled down his sleeves from his left arm, revealing tons of multiple scars playing and swollen in his skin. He slightly bit his lower lip from the sight, the cold air hitting through the slightly fresh wounds from cuts. "This is it." He breathed heavily, before he grips tightly into the blade, enclosing his eyes as he dives the thin but sharp steel down into where his pulse was located.

Right before a tear left his eye, the door from the roof top suddenly opened, startling him as he dropped the blade- causing for him to curse a little as he turns around just to face a beautiful lady who had a mixed confused, scared and crying emotion just now. Her breathing pace fastens up, as her eyes landed into him intently, running close to him, "Help me."

Her voice seems to leave him in awe, but his brows knit together in irritation. "What do you want?", "Someone was following me from a far!" She shrieks, the annoying voice ticking in his ears as he saw her wrap her hands around her exposed shoulders making her shiver in coldness. Pity ran along in his mind, as he took off his coat to wrap it around her shoulder, before her lips pursed together, slightly thanking him.

Silence occurs between the two strangers, before the door slams open once again. "Sooyoung, there you are!" The guy with broad shoulders yelled, his smug grin showing upon his face, even if his eyes were covered with sun glasses. Why was he wearing sun glasses in the winter? Whatever. Unknowingly, the girl known as Sooyoung wrapped her arms around his shoulder, stuttering to declare, "I'm with my boyfriend, so.. you should get lost!" She exclaimed, startling the young man beside her, as his eyes landed into the aggressive guy in front of them.

"Who is he?" Sooyoung slightly leans closer to the stranger's face, mumbling. "What's your name?", The young man reluctantly opens his mouth, muttering. "Sungjae.", "Sungjae, he's my boyfriend." The young man known as Sungjae had his eyes widen open, before realizing that there were tons of guys tagged along with the man following Sooyoung. He silently cursed upon to his self, I should've shred the blade deeper instead of dying like this!

He breathed heavily, before the cocky man walked closer to him, smirking. "So you think you can protect your girl? Test me."

Sooyoung shivered in his words, staring over to Sungjae who seems to be hesitantly rimming his eyes around the roof top. Cursing to his self, he grabs a hold of her cold and slim hand, muttering, "When I say 'Run,' run, okay?" Her lips trembled within his declaration, before nodding.