We Met Again in Canada || f o u r (part two)

"You've won a trip in Canada."

My eyes widen from the pop out from the screen in my laptop. My mouth was left hanging because of the message. "Eonnie!" I yelled ontop of my lungs, as Wendy came over running to me with a hint of worry in her eyes. "What is it!?" I broke out in a huge smile, running to her as I globbed her up into a huge hug, "I'm going to Canada!"

Her eyes widen, as she looks into my screen. "You won? You won!" She freaks out for a while, before she jumps in joy, hugging me once again.

It was absurd to think that out of hundreds of people, or even thousands... millions... I won!

I was staying in Canada for almost a week.

It was crazy, since I can only stay in hotels and roam around alone because I can't talk to people. I didn't even know how to speak Basic English.

This country is more beautiful than it already was because it's my first time in it. I didn't really care about the things around me at the moment, since the breeze of the morning in Canada was way better than my worry about speaking in English.

I settled down into a cafè near the hotel where I won my prize, and decided to have a fresh cup of coffee in this morning.

I opened the door, while the bell rings as a couple of people smile at me. I smiled back, before settling down in a place near the outside view of the place. It was breathe-takingly beautiful. I blinked for a while, deeply sighing as my finger tips landed into the brown wooden desk, tapping redundantly as I realized that there was a blonde lady approaching me.

"Good morning, miss beautiful! May I have your order?"

My eyes widen, realizing that this wasn't the Korean language she was using. My palms turned sweaty all of a sudden, before I licked my lower lip in a nervous manner.

"Ma'am?" I'm sure that she was referring to me, right? I nervously gazed into her embarassment which she replied with a worried look.

I was about to speak, until someone sat in front of me- making me flustered than I ever was. "She wanted a fresh cup of coffee, and give one for me as well.".... Sungjae?

I felt like I was inside a dream, and I didn't knew if this would be a nightmare or a good one. I instinctively found my eyes gazing on him, as he smiled at me. Is this real? "Hi."

I stared into him for a while, while my brows frowned all together in confusion. "... Do you still know me?" He added, before I snapped back into reality as I rapidly nodded, "Yes." I felt the worry in his eyes started to melt away as his lips curled up once again. "I'm relieved." I slowly stifle a snicker between my mouth, feeling a hint of bitter sweet burning inside me. It was surely good to see him once again after all these years, but I was still frustrated on why we drifted apart before.
The heavy feeling inside me years before were suddenly going back once again, and I realized that he was the reason for it.

But, I have gotten over him. Right?

"What were you doing here?" I tried to ask, calmly taking a sip of coffee as I placed my cup down. He awkwardly chuckled, looking down in his cup before muttering. "I've been living here for almost three years." My heart drops for the mere moment, realizing that was the time of the year where he cut his contact off from me. I didn't knew if I should feel relieved that I finally got to know why we drifted apart. I felt like I was going back to square one of hoping that he didn't meant for us to fall apart like this. Didn't he?