Chapter Three

Albus found himself very upset and hidden away in the abandoned bathroom. He was so upset because he was just sitting in the common room by himself and the couple managed to barge in. They were very affectionate, kissing and cuddling, that Albus decided it was best he needed to remove himself from the situation.

            "This seems to be a reoccurring theme." A voice said. Albus, who had had his knees up to his chest, looked up from them. Through his tears, he saw a blurry figure but the soft voice was a dead giveaway.

            "Hi Cain." Albus sniffled. "How'd you find me?"

            "Well I was walking by and heard crying. I came to investigate and found you." He walked over to Albus and sat next to him.  "What's happened now?"

            "They were just being overly affectionate." Albus groaned and slid his head to Cain's shoulder. "I sound so pathetic."

            "Ah not at all. You need to grieve and I think crying is actually very healthy."  Cain expounded causing Albus to scoff.

            "I haven't cried this much since I was a toddler. I feel like a bloody baby."

            "You loved him and he broke your heart, it's just not gonna go away after a night."

            "I wish it would." Albus mumbled causing Cain to laugh.

            "Maybe I can help then?" Cain suggested and Albus lifted his head to look at him.

            "How?" Albus asked and Cain blushed a bit.

            "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend." Cain asked him and Albus wiped at his eyes.

            "With me?"

            "Yes." Cain chuckled. "Is it too soon to ask you on a date?"

            "Are you pitying me?" Albus asked and Cain was quick to shake his head.

            "Oh merlin no." He shook his head. "I've been thinking about you ever since we met two weeks ago."

            "Oh." Albus blushed and swallowed hard. "Really? Me?"

            "Yes you." Cain laughed. "Why is that so hard to wrap your cute little head around?" Cain asked and Albus blushed again.

            "I don't think anyone's been attracted to me before." He admitted.

            "Well I am." Cain chuckled. "So is that a yes?" He asked and Albus smiled.

            "Yes I'd love to." Albus told him and Cain grinned.

            "Great, fantastic." Cain smiled widely. "Come on, it's late and you need to get back to your dorms." Cain got to his feet and helped Albus up. He didn't want Albus to feel uncomfortable though so once Albus got up, he dropped his hand. They walked back to Slytherin territory in relative silence. Cain was happy that Albus said yes and Albus was still shocked he'd be going on his first date.  "So we can talk more details tomorrow if you'd like."

            "That's fine with me. I have a free period right after lunch."

            "Okay cool. I have an independent study for Herbology but I can just tell Longbottom I wanna study in the library."

            "Okay." Albus smiled. As the reached the Slytherin house, Rose was just leaving through the portrait.

            "Ah Rosie Weasley, don't make me take points away from my own house." Cain said frowning and Rose looked at the pair with wide eyes.