Chapter Twelve

Albus had gotten accustomed to sleeping with his stuffed bear. Puddles was his favorite cuddle buddy when Cain wasn't there. So when he realized he got him on his bed back at school, he slept terribly for the first two nights.

He had owled Cain and told him of his misfortune. He replied back just as sad and told Albus that if he was able to, he'd apparate to him in a heartbeat and be his Puddles replacement.

"Albus, you look like shit." James mentioned Christmas morning at the table. "Do you really need that bear?"

"Shut up James." He hissed. "And yes, I've slept with the bear every night for the past few months and now my arms are empty. It feels weird and I want it back." He pouted.

"Why don't you just ask for your childhood toys? I'm sure mum has them put away somewhere." James suggested and Albus sneered.

"No I want Puddles." He pouted and James rolled his eyes.

"Who is hungry?" Ginny walked into the dining room with plates full of food. Harry traveled behind her with some coffee and juice. She placed them down and sat as everyone started to fill their plate. "How did you all sleep?" Ginny grinned and then looked at Albus. "Obviously not very well."

"I can give you some sleeping draught if you're having trouble." Harry proposed.

"No." Albus shook his head. "I just want my bear." He pouted and Harry smiled.

"Ah young love." He smiled and Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Albus, eat up and then we can open gifts. Maybe you'll be able to sneak in a nap before we got to Grandmas." She said and Albus sighed. He took a few bites of the French toast not feeling all the hungry.

Finally after everyone was fed, they sat in front of the tree. Lily received more books, some new quills and even a new bag for her books. James got something small that could go towards getting a flat because he still lived with his parents. He knew it wasn't their way of kicking him out but a chance at freedom. Albus got a new broom, some candy from Honeydukes and a new bag just like Lily. His was black and leather which he absolutely loved.

It was only ten in the morning and their grandmum was expecting them to arrive at one so he had three hours to kill, he deiced that nap was a good idea. He had just crawled into bed someone knocked on the door. Harry walked in holding something behind his back.

"What?" Albus groaned and Harry smirked.

"This just came for you." He walked over to his son and handed him the black bear that was behind his back.

"Puddles! Where did you get him?" Albus squealed like a child.

"It just came by owl. This was with it." He handed Albus the note.

Angel,

Joanna stayed at school for the holiday so I got her to sneak into the Slytherin room. She sent it to me and I'm sending it to you.

I love you a ton

Happy Christmas.

"Cain sent it. He got someone to get it for me." Albus grinned hugging the bear close.

"Some boyfriend you got there. You should invite him over for dinner one day this week so we could meet him." Harry grinned and Albus nodded.

"I'll owl him later. I'm sure he'll love to come over." Albus told his father who nodded.

"I'm sure he will. Get some rest now before you have to deal with everyone." Harry laughed causing Albus to smile. He left his son's room allowing him to sleep peacefully.