Chapter 8

"This world moves on with or without you."

-----Rob's POV-----

After everyone was found we all talked about where we were hiding.

"I was hiding under some leaves." I said.

"In a tree, like last time." Dylan said.

"I was in a t-tree?" Tym said nervously.

"Wow, no wonder I found Rob first." Preston said.

"Hey, I thought I was in a good spot." I said trying to defend myself.

"If you were planning on hiding in the leaves try wearing something darker." Preston tells me while pointing to my bright blue hoodie.

"I don't have any other things to keep me warm." I said.

"Yeah, whatever. Let's just get back to the house." Dylan says. We all walk back to Preston's house.

"Didn't you guys say you were staying over for tonight only?" Dylan asks.

"Yep, gotta be home tomorrow." Tym says.

"Any specific time?" Preston asks.

"Nope, anytime tomorrow." I say.

"So what do you want to do then?" Preston asks.

"I don't know." I say.

"What about video games?" Tym says.

"Any specific ones?" Dylan asked."

"We could continue the minecraft game." Tym says.

"Sounds great." Preston says. Once we got back to the house we turned on the game and started playing it. We played it the rest of the day, only stopping to eat supper. For supper we had whatever we could find. Once we got done, we all went into our separate rooms and tried to sleep. I couldn't sleep, and I don't think Preston could either. When Preston sleeps he snores and he wasn't. He must've thought I was asleep, because he started talking to himself.

"I know we haven't been friends for that long, but I think I like you... more than a friend. I would tell you this when you can actually hear me but I don't think I could handle what your reaction would be. You would probably run off and tell everyone that I am gay or something. I just pray to God that you have the same feelings for me. I love you Rob." Preston is quiet for a bit then starts snoring meaning he fell asleep.

"I love you too." I say then fall asleep with a smile on my face.

Dream or is it a Nightmare?

I was in the same room I fell asleep in, but Preston wasn't there. I started searching the house and he was gone. I looked on his nightstand and there was a note.

Dear Robert,

I couldn't stand being your friend any more I wanted to take it to the next level but you seemed like you just wanted to stay friends. I decided that if my Robbie wouldn't be with me then there was no point in living. I went to the forest, but by the time you are reading this I will already be dead. I love you, don't forget about me.

Love, Preston <3

I didn't listen to his letter, I ran into the woods looking for the love of my life. I looked around like a crazy person, trying to find his sanity. First I was looking in trees, then I thought maybe he is where I was hiding yesterday. When I got to the place I was glad to see Preston still trying to hang up the rope.

"Preston please don't do this." I yell to him. He looks at me, then runs to be and hugs me.

"Why did you come?" He asks.

"Because, I love you too." I say. He starts crying into my shirt.

"I-I thought you would h-hate me when I t-told you." He says.

"I could never hate you." I tell him.

"Good." He says.

Dream over

I wake up and it is only 3 in the morning. Preston must be having a nightmare, he is sweating and moving around a lot. Instead of waking him up I just lay next to him and put my arm around him. He calms down after a few minutes, once he is done I also fall back asleep him in my arms. The next time I woke up Preston was gone, at first I thought this was like my dream until he walked back in and handed me a bowl of cereal.

"Thanks, Preston." I tell him.

"You're welcome Robert." He leaves once he gives me the bowl, I start eating my cereal then I start hearing small raindrops hit the window. By the time I was done eating to was a full storm. I walked downstairs and put my bowl in the sink. I start heading back to Preston's room, when something wraps around me. The lights suddenly turn off leaving me in a dark room with something wrapped around my waist. I try walking forward but the force holds me back.

"Please protect me." The thing says.

"Preston?" I ask.

"Who else?" He says back.

"Oh, are you scared of thunderstorms?" I asked him.

"Just a bit." He said. A loud thunder boomed around the house. Preston jumped.

"Ok, you little cactus." I picked him up and carried him to our room. I layed him on the bed and got in after him. He instantly started hugging me again. He was so adorable, when he is scared. There was a loud crackle and a bolt of lightning lit up the house. I think some rain was getting in, my shirt was starting to get wet. It turned out to be Preston crying.

"Preston no need to cry." I say.

"I'm just scared." He says sobbing.

"Come here." I start hugging him back. I think it was 10 minutes later Preston fell asleep hugging me, we couldn't do anything outside or inside since the lights were out and it was raining. I realized that I couldn't walk home in the rain. I text my dad telling him that we would come home Monday after school since it was raining, at first he was mad but then he said it was ok since it was another day without us. I soon fall asleep wrapped up in my lovers arms.