Chapter Two

I feel my voice cracking and I haven't even said one word yet. I always had a 'kiddie' crush on Ryan, but from a distance... literally. I had never had a conversation with him and I've never seen him this closely. Our churches do events together, but we both only ever had time for camp.

I clear my throat, "Yeah. Hey! It's good to see you!"

Erin saves the day, "Hey, the meeting starts in one minute."

"Oh, shoot, alright. Let's get in there," I say.

Ryan steps ahead of us and opens the door.

"Why thank you, sir." Erin says, walking through the door and glancing back at me with a smirk on her face.

I look into Ryan's warm hazel eyes, "Thanks," I smile.

"You're welcome," he responds with a sweet grin.

I walk passed him as Mitch follows me and they engage in a conversation. I look at Erin with wide eyes.

Ugh. He held the door for us.

We didn't have to say one word to know what each other meant.

As the four of us walk into the room, Erin first, me, Mitch and then Ryan, we find seats in the middle of around two hundred chairs and forty other counselors.

The camp director stands up in front of us and introduces herself. Everyone pretty much knows Megan, especially from our church, because that is where she attends, but for the newcomers, she explains her title in church and her title here at camp. She's the children's pastor at our church and she is an incredible teen camp director. She starts with the rules, who to go to if certain situations happen, where the nurse is and when to be at certain places.

"Alright, this year were doing themed teams," Megan starts. "Last year, we just did colors, this year... DISNEY."

The older adult counselors couldn't seem to care less, I mean they were excited but the younger generation shot up with shouts and cheers.

"There will be six teams. The counselors will be split up and the campers will be dispersed between the six teams." Megan explains. "Each team will have a leader."

"Here are the teams: Team Tangled, Team Toy Story, Team Tarzan, Team Lion King, Team Nemo, Team Hercules. Here are the leaders: Tangled; Amy. Toy Story; Adeline. Tarzan; Mitch."

"YES." Mitch yells. Everyone erupts in laughter. "Sorry..."

Megan laughs and continues, "Team Lion King; Ron. Team Nemo; Natalie. Team Hercules; Ryan."

"WOOO. HA." Ryan points to Mitch, Hercules is wa-ay better than Tarzan." Ryan jokes.

"Psh, you wish. Just wait, we'll blow you out of the water in the competitions." Mitch returns.

"Boys, boys." Megan gets their attention. I laugh, knowing my twenty-six year old brother just got told what to do. Mitch lightly elbows me, "Brat." I grin.

Megan hands out a list to every leader to hand to their team. The list consists of the team name, leader, assistant counselors and campers. Mitch and Ryan look down and start calling off names of counselors who are on their teams.

"Erin!" Mitch calls. "Have fun... if were on different teams..." I finish telling Erin, "you're goin' down," I mouth and point to the ground. She whispers back, "you wish...".

I look around at people grouping together and I hear, "Emily!" I turn to Mitch, thinking its his voice and I see Erin, carefully pointing to her right and twitching her head that way as well. I look over and see Ryan.