Chapter Six

Ryan and I make our ways back to our campers and continue fishing and hanging out with them.

Heather ends up catching a fish that Jackson helped her with and the other girls from my cabin looked like they gave up a while ago.

I walk over to the girls sitting in the grass and I sit with them. "Did you guys catch anything?" I ask.

"Well, no. I tried, but once the fish nibbled the bait off my hook, I gave up. Barely anyone caught a fish" one girl said.

"They must not be hungry." I respond.

"Hey everyone! Time to wash your hands and get ready for lunch!"

Having fishing be the activity for the day was pretty nice because the spot on the lake, was right next to the cafeteria, so we were first in line.

I walk up with Heather to the hand washing station, while Sarah seems to have a chat with Ryan.

"Hey, so where'd you go? I barely saw you fishing," Sarah asked.

"Oh you know, around," he grins.

Sarah jokingly elbows him in the arm, "Hey!" he gasped.

Sarah cocked her head and raised her eyebrow at him, "Look I see you talking with her all the time, has she said anything about me?" he asked Sarah.

"Hm? Who? What do you mean?" Sarah's says being a brat.

"You know. Emily."

"OH." Sarah laughs.

"Come on Sar," Ryan begs.

"Yes, she's mentioned you. I think you'd be cute." 

He doesn't say anything, just smiles.

Lunch flew by. I sat with Erin and Sarah today and caught Erin up on everything. It's only been a couple of days, what is happening to me? I laugh to myself.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look over to see Heather, "Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"Are you ready to head to the lake? We're all ready to go."

"Oh totally, lets go."

I say goodbye to Erin and Sarah comes with me. We take our trays to the dish line and head to the lake. 

We get to the lake fifteen minutes later and I decided, because it felt like it was one hundred degrees, that I was going to get in the water, purposefully today. Right when my feet touch the sand, I toss my stuff into a chair, along with Sarah's stuff, Heather's and a couple of girls from my cabin and Sarah's cabin. We all book it to the water and swim for the IceBerg. It's this huge floating, inflated iceberg that is half rock wall and half steep-slide. It takes a lot of strength to get started and I just started being able to get myself onto it, last year. You have to pull yourself over a big, long rounded pad that keeps the thing floating. It's an arm workout for sure. I grab onto one of the padded handles and hurdle my right leg up out of the water and place my knee on the pad. Once I get up high enough, I quickly switch my hand to a handle that's higher up. In one swift motion, I pull up my left knee and I stand up on the pad. Sarah is almost at the same spot as me. Heather is having trouble so I reach down and give her my hand. I pull her up as much as I could and she gets a grip of the handle.

"Thanks!" she lets out a big breath, with some friends following her up.

Sarah and I start climbing, and we get to the top. I look over to the beach and get a good look. Being at the top of the iceberg, you get a good view because it's about fifty feet tall. Once I look over there, I see Ryan. We make eye contact and I quickly divert my attention.