Chapter Ten

The next morning I woke up from a text that read "I'm impressed," from Ryan.

All I hear down the hall is, "GROSS. OH MY GOSH. WHO DID THIS?!"

I peeked out down the long hallway to see his guys walking to the shower, embarrassed. I snapped a couple of pictures. Totally worth it.

Knowing Ryan agreed to go on vacation with us and knowing I had a date with him on Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday were a blur. They flew by and we're still just as incredible.

It was now Friday afternoon and as I'm pulling my luggage out of my room I run into Mitch.

"So you invited him to Wisconsin?"

I play dumb, "...what...?"

"Em, that's fine. I think he's a great guy. And you have a date with him tomorrow??"

"Wow he can't keep his mouth shut!" I laugh.

"He's seriously so excited. He already made reservations and you'll be..."

"No, no, no! Stop, I want it to be a surprise." I blush.

"Well have fun! I'll see you Sunday!"

Mitch packs up his car and leaves for home. I drag my bag to the church trailer and my stuff gets loaded in.

I feel someone behind me tap my shoulder. I turn around to see Jackson from Ryan's cabin. Right as I turn around he embraces me in a huge hug.

"Awh, hey Jackson! I'll miss ya!"

"I'm going to miss you too! You were pretty awesome! P.S. Ryan likes you a lot."

He finishes and then runs off, right as I look up I see Ryan and smile.

He's loading his stuff into their cars and Sarah follows. She walks over and hugs me, "Don't be a stranger! I've loved getting to know you."

"I won't be, but you better not be either!"

We release the grip, "I'll see you! Love ya!"

It seemed like an assembly line because next we're Heather and Missy.

They both ran up to me and hugged me.
"This week would have been a waste if you weren't my counselor," Heather whispers.
I pull back from the hug and look at them both, "You are both so incredible! I was so lucky to have had you in my cabin this year."

We hug one last time as they hop in their vehicles.

I hear Jake yell for a last call from our church, "I'll run in and see who is left!" I yell.

I walk into the lobby and tell one of our boys to load up, everyone else seems to be in the cars.

I start to walk down a hallway and I'm pulled behind a huge double door.

I look up to see Ryan and I immediately smile from ear to ear.

"Jackson told me a secret about you."
"Oh, he did? What was it?"
"See, I can't tell you that," I laugh.

"Are we still on for tomorrow?" Ryan asks.
"Definitely," I smile.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders and mine fit right round his waist. I rest my head on his shoulder and he squeezes a little tighter. I could stand like this forever.
"Shoot. They're waiting for me. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow," I smile.
"See ya Em."
I start to walk off but he grabs my arm and pulls me back to him and ever so gently kisses my cheek.
I melt, again. He always makes me giggle and that makes me feel like a middle schooler but I couldn't care less.
"Bye Ryan." I can't help but blush, as a push away from him laughing.