| Chapter 6 || Concerns |

Chapter Six

Concerns

*Third Person Point of View*

"What do you mean he's gone?" Poseidon's voice echoed loudly throughout the marble chambers of the throne room. His face was a mask of pure distress. His hair was shaggy from having his finger run through it one too many times. His eyes were wide with panic and worry, straining to stay open. His face was pale as snow - as if he'd seen a ghost.

Artemis gave a sigh of frustration. She'd been out of her mind with worry as well. "I mean, during the fight, we were distracted and someone must've grabbed him and Thalia because we couldn't find them afterward. They're both gone. Without a trace," she clarified.

"Well, we have to find them!" Zeus' voice rose above the two bickering gods. He stood from his throne, approaching where his brother and daughter were glaring at each other. His footsteps were loud, sudden crashes, breaking the newly formed silence.

"I know, father, but if my hunters and I couldn't find any trace of them, how is anyone going to be able to find them?" Artemis replied. Her voice was harsh, reflecting her inner turmoil. She struggled against showing how truly concerned she was about Percy's safety, especially in front of her father.

"I believe that we will find them. And until then, I'm sure that Perseus won't let anything happen to your lieutenant."

Everyone turned to Hera, who had spoken. Many were shocked, as she didn't show concern for a demigod often, let alone one of her husband's demigod children.

"What?" she asked. "I've come to care for my niece. I've come to accept that it's not her fault that my husband decided to have an affair. It's his fault, and his fault alone." She crossed her arms, glaring a challenge at her family and scowling nastily at her husband.

The Olympians quickly averted their eyes. Hera may be the goddess of Motherhood and Marriage, but she had one killer stare. Looking into their directly was like staring into the face of your worst fears.

Mumbles were thrown around the room, all either excuses or unintelligible words. Hera leaned back in her throne, quite pleased with herself. The smile she wore was one of a cat who'd just caught a plump, juicy mouse and was enjoying the spoils of its hard work.

"Well, I guess then that this meeting is over," Zeus announced.

A few gods hid their chuckles, not wanting to risk laughing for they knew the real reason why Zeus was so desperate to end the meeting. He wished to escape his wife's infernal wrath. He knew all too well what she was like when she spoke of his constant affairs.

"Everyone is dismissed. Keep searching," he said, his eyes flicking over to look at his wife every few seconds.

The gods all nodded and retreated to their own temples, not wanting to be around when Hera once again unleashed her full fury on her husband. Even his own guardian covered her eyes, stepping away to hide behind the throne.

Zeus glared down at her. "Well, aren't you going to help me? That's what a guardian is for, isn't it?" he demanded.

Aikaterine gave him a sly grin. "I am sworn to protect you against all enemies that would threaten Olympus. I am not, however, sworn to protect you against marriage trouble. You can handle your wife." Once that was said, she disappeared out the door.

Zeus turned back to Hera, who had risen from her throne and stomped over to him, hands on her hips.

"Um... dear... we've been over this..." he tried, his voice weak.