| Chapter 16 || Bloody, Bloody War |

Chapter Sixteen

Bloody, Bloody War

*Third Person Point of View*

The doorway collapsed, leaving Percy and the hunters just enough time to escape the temple before the heavy marble bricks came crashing down. As he cleared the building, Percy dove to the ground, rubble falling all around him.

He looked up just in time to see his father strike Zeus with a blast of godly energy. Blue light ripped from Poseidon's fingers, his eyes glowing with rage as he pointed to his younger brother, ready to end him. The latter flew across Olympus, crashing soundly in the golden-bricked streets.

With a menacing snarl, Zeus rose. He stood high and mighty, regardless of the fact that he'd just been tossed across his own domain like a ragdoll. Raising his hand, Zeus sent a mirrored beam of godly energy back at Poseidon in retaliation, only for the sea god of dodge, just barely singed by the heat of the attack.

The blast may not have hit its mark, but it hit something. Poseidon, having escaped the assault, Ares was hit, unsuspecting from behind his uncle.

Ares had just enough time to widen his eyes in shock before he was met in the face with the fiery onslaught. He was knocked back onto his derriere, face scorched. In his anger, the war god sent out two beams of energy, aiming blindly in the direction of his father, instead, hitting two of his half-siblings, Athena and Apollo.

"Apollo!" Artemis cried, dashing towards her twin as he fell. She dodged falling debris and leaped over the wreckage on the ground.

As she ran, Artemis was so focused on Apollo that she didn't notice the spear flying straight towards her.

Percy knew that he had to do something. He ran forwards as well, swiping the spear with his sword. The blade cut right down the center of the other weapon, sending both halves in different directions.

"Are you alright, milady?" Percy asked, quickly checking over his charge for any injuries.

She waved him off. "I'm fine, Perseus," she assured him.

He nodded, though the concern did not erase itself from his face.

In the meantime, Apollo stood, firing a barrage of arrows back at Ares. The arrows landed all around the war god, exploding in fiery blasts. Dust spewed up from the ground, creating a bulbous cloud that quickly enveloped them. Percy dove to cover Artemis from the debris, feeling a few chunks of stone batter his back.

As the dust cleared, Percy turned, as did Artemis. Percy prepared himself for another attack by the gods but froze at the sight before him. The gods were gone. Apollo's arrows left destruction in their wake, massive holes in the streets of Olympus.

The gods were below and they were going to reign havoc on New York.

Percy's mind ran on autopilot. "We need to evacuate everyone!" he yelled in the direction of the hunters. Before long, he was sprinting across Olympus to reach the elevator, the golden bricks breaking off from the path and falling down to the city beneath his feet. As he reached the elevator, he slammed his finger on the button and turned.

"I'll get the mortals, you make sure that all of the minor gods, satyrs, and nymphs are safe up here!" he called.

With that said, the elevator door opened and Percy jumped inside just as the last of the golden pathway crumbled away. He slammed his finger on the main floor button multiple times, mumbling under his breath in frustration as the door finally closed by the fifteenth press.