Chapter 4 ~Staying With The Sand Siblings~

Rinn's POV

I woke up, returning back to my senses.

"So comfy." I said while hugging the comfiest thing I have ever hugged. I opened my eyes and saw myself hugging a pillow. Wait.... A pillow?! I gasped and jolted up. Oh no! Where am I? I haven't got the scroll yet!! Ugh!

"I see. You're awake." I looked up and noticed Gaara standing near the door.

"Gaara-chan? Where am I?" I asked him.

"You are in our apartment."

"Heeeey..... Why did you bring me here?"

"You were unconscious when I saved you."

"Saved me?"

"Yes. Three men took you."

"Ooohh..... I remember that, but wait a minute, how long was I out?"

"About 2 weeks."

"TWO WEEKS!?!?!?"

"Yes."

"Oh no! This is baaaad! Sooo baaad!" I yelled while getting out of the bed, but I miserably failed. I felt a pain in my stomach and chest. Oh yes. I remember the fight. I'm kinda' scared right now because there is a possible chance for me not to pass the exam.

"Wait, if you are saying two weeks, then, the preliminaries are already.... Over?"

"Yes."

"Oh no! I never get to fight anyone! I totally failed."

"I explained what happened to you and they let you pass."

"Really?"

"Yes. You automatically passed in the preliminaries because the person you are supposed to fight withdrew. He was out of shape when he arrived so I guess he needed medical attention first."

"Okay. Soooo, am I in the final part of the exam?"

"Yes and you will be fighting a man named Kirru."

"Never heard of him before."

I didn't realize that I'm still on the ground, holding my stomach..... Not until now. Gaara noticed it, too, and he used his sand to put me back on the bed.

"Thank you, Gaara-chan." He nodded, and walked away, but stopped.

"Just have some rest." Then, he closed the door, and I heard footsteps slowly disappearing.

I smiled. I wonder..... Why does Gaara always help me in times of need? Am I that special? I shook the irritating questions off my mind and lied down. Hmm.... His pillow and blanket smell good. He doesn't sleep, so this bed probably haven't been touched yet until now. That's why it smells like this. It's like lavender and lemons.

Just thinking of a lemon makes me hungry. Then, I remember not eating for the past few days. No.... Weeks....... I heard my stomach grumble and I giggled at that.

"Don't worry. We will be eating soon." I said to myself.

Hmmm.... Why are my wounds taking so long to heal? Yeah, I know that these are many and I know how deep some of these are, but these are just taking so long!

I pulled my kimono up, just to see myself covered in bandages. I look like a fudgin' mummy! I remember almost getting drowned.

I need to change my clothes now. It will smell awful soon because of the dried blood. Anyway, I got out of the bed and slowly walked towards the door. I opened it, just to hear a creaking sound. I sighed in relief when I saw that the hall is clear.